SITE REVIEW: PixelThemes.com

• vrajesh
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Ozzus,

I am running my new site http://www.pixelthemes.com .

I am using excellent CMS MAMBO. But i created my own template for that CMS. (You can reach me personally if you want to know more about Mambo. If you are a webdeveloper or website owner or webmaster you better know about Mambo, there are so many treasures on the internet. one thing is Mambo)

Can anyone check my site in all the screen modes. Because, i have only 800 and 1200 mode. Mac people are also welcome. I particularly think that the submenus are not viewing right. Please guide. Thank you,

Regards,

Vrajesh
  • Stalin_q8
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Kuwait

Post 3+ Months Ago

its Excellent !!!! nice design and very good ideas .. keep up the goodwork
  • OSGEN
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • OSGEN

Post 3+ Months Ago

1024x768 looks great here.
  • X3ndou
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow. I envy your web design skills.

The page took a little while to load the first time I went to it though. I don't know why.

Btw, my resolution is 1280 x 1024 and it looked great. :D
  • vrajesh
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dear X3,

Thanks for your frank feedback.

I agree that there is a slowness in the load. Actually the problem is not on the original site. The site contains iframes and the iframes take that time.

8) you got keen eyes

Regards,

vrajesh
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice job!! your site loads beautifully on all my browsers (Opera, NS, FF & IE)

I really like your navbar. I see you've got cookie crumbs set up, that's a great idea, but it's not extremely clear, took me a second to notice it. What about leaving the navbar link highlighted so the user is aware more clearly of what section they are on?

I think you should push your orange titles down a tad bit, right now they are too close to the "Flash News" box border

Do you have a shopping cart option? I see you can purchase online and check out but I didn't see a button to check your shopping cart while still shopping?

I think your search template screen could be improved. Maximize the space you have

FOr your FAQs section, I'd suggest putting a TOC at the top so that users can click on the specific question rather than having to leaf through the whole page searching for their question

Your downloads area is great. But I find it can also be optimized. Right now it takes me about 3-4 clicks to finally get to download a file. That's too many clicks. Try to minimize the user to no more than 2 clicks to get to their destination

The live help feature is a good idea, but I can't seem to get it up and running. I'm getting an error on all browsers

Good use of keywords & description

You're missing alt tags on your images

All in a good great site
  • Roxy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks really good and i like the little logo at the top - very nice ;)
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very impressive. Nice colour themes and great logo...unusual to look at but good.

I am sure i may have seen your site before i joined here when searching for web template ideas...to be honest i went through loads of them.

Well done though, its given me a couple of ideas.

Thanks for letting us see it.
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow! You have some serious skills. Great design, inspiring work. Two minor suggestions, in the submenu content under the Mambo CMS selections, you only post the url's to websites, it would be more convenient if you added an <a href> and made those links click-able. Thats just me being picky! Also, the pixel themes logo at the top, the "e" in pixel kind of looks like an a or an o, you might want to just modify that slightly (or not at all). But the site itself is pure gold. Nice work.
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

very nice and professional...The contents are great. Sweet templates too...kinda set up like template monsters.
  • miner
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • miner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Stunning designs - :evil: I envy you, your templates are so good i will sure buy one in future...

I have to learn a lot from your works

A shining future awaits you - good luck :D
  • TShirtJack
  • TShirtJack

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
Nice site. I especially liked the question in bold. Great color scheme too. Nice temps by the way.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers