SITE REVIEW: please review http://www.motionrise.com

• khurramraja
  • khurramraja
  • Loc: Toronto

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

i have created my website http://www.motionrise.com and i am hoping for some response from you guys. Let me know anything that you think is out of place or needs improvement and what is good. thank you in advance
  • typhon
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Memphis, Tn

Post 3+ Months Ago

Overall the site is well designed, but I have a few suggestions.
1) If you must keep the animated logo, at least stop the bottom text from blinking. And 2) the roll overs are a bit slugish to me. I appreciate the fade, it just seems to take a little while to fully change.

The buttons a pretty basic, you could dress them up a bit for a little flair, but the overall color scheme looked good to me.
  • Blotch
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Blotch

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the flash banner, but I agree with typhon that the text under the logo shouldn't be blinking.

I quite like the rollovers for the buttons and don't think you should change anything with them.

Overall, the design is very clean and professional. Good work!
  • sports-facts
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • sports-facts
  • Loc: Detroit

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like it, nice professional look

perhaps center the navigation rather than having it right alined

personally i like the way the buttons look, very unique
  • khurramraja
  • khurramraja

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really appreciate the time that you guys took to comment on the site.. all comments are very useful to me and i will implement your ideas based on your reasons that you have provided.
  • Lost HUnter
  • Lost HUnter

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should change the style of the bottom menu links. Red color of text when mouse hover isn't very visible on that background.
  • JcbTkht
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • JcbTkht
  • Loc: Houston,Tx

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is very easy to navigate with good load times.

I know we're only supposed to review the site, but if I were a customer coming to your site I would want to see some examples of work you have done. Such as a link to a website you helped design or atleast some pictures of the quality you work at.
  • camp185
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Jose, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like the site, but the globe animation was a little hard on the eyes. I also have to agree with Guru that the buttons were sluggish in changing colors. Cut the time in half if you can.
  • Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge
  • Loc: nashua nh

Post 3+ Months Ago

The one thing i see that i didnt like is the links on the bottom Instead of having all of that u should have a button that says Back to top or something of that sort but overall i like the site but the top banner flashing is kind of annoying.

for the buttons on the top i also believe that the buttons should be centered and i think the rollover effect is fine ..

Good job !
  • bad_bob00
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bad_bob00

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there, nice website.
I think maybe you should change the colours of the bottom navigation bar, and the 'Latest Motionrise News' because the same shade of blue doesn't really make it stand out from the rest of the page. With the flash rollover navigation bar takes, it takes a few seconds to realise that it is a rollover. Does this have to be done using Flash? Also, some of the photos used on the website might want editing a bit, to make them look a bit more professional - maybe add a border or some edge effect?

A nice looking and simple website though.
Matt
  • Spoorzoeker
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site, but when the site appeared and the log was not there yet,

it looked like it was a "hey the website is gone and this is an advertismentpage from the hoster" page.
  • Karsten
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Karsten
  • Loc: Denmark

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi.

One thing that haven't already been mentioned about the menu. Maybe you should consider leaving the "active" section in red. This will help the users finding their way around on the site.
  • pspdownloads
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • pspdownloads

Post 3+ Months Ago

it has a very professional look
it didnot fit in my browser window and had to scroll horizontally.
better if you correct this
  • samp
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • samp

Post 3+ Months Ago

cant say i like it, the flash banner dosent do you any favours, and if you are offering web design and development i would expect a higher quality effort.

maybe some photos on the home page with a bit of colour and life would help

1/10
  • Circeos
  • Circeos
  • Loc: France

Post 3+ Months Ago

On a first view, it seems a profesionnal website... a world wide web site really.
And i agree, more picture and better quality of the banner will be a good plan!
  • khurramraja
  • khurramraja

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have redesigned my website entirely. I am hoping to get comments whether positive or negative and i wish to learn from them. So, please view my site and suggest any changes. Thank you in advance.

Khurram,
  • Confemo
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Confemo

Post 3+ Months Ago

First thing I'll say is learn how to optimize your pictures...

Your header is 268kb
Those glass orbs add up to over 100kb
Your latest sites thumbnails are about 45k x 3

You got too many colors going on. You have a gradient for the body background and another gradient inside the content. The glowing orbs and boxes below them look tacky imo. Keep them all the same color or try something different there.

So... I'd start with fixing
- Huge image sizes
- Conflicting colors

Good luck
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please do not start a new topic if you already have one going with the same subject. I've merged both your topics into one. Continue from here please.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers