SITE REVIEW: please review our site

• darkstar_tfd
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • darkstar_tfd

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can you please review our site: http://www.domainnameswebaddress.com/

Please let me know what do you think about it.
  • evibgyor
  • evibgyor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not enough to impress. You must improve your site. You must add more attraction to your site. You should use more contents for your site.
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the design. but your wording made me want to close the browser right away. Most of your sentences made me cringe.

Quote:
We start domainnameswebaddress.com website with the most basic of question that every completely new potential domain name registrant always ask: What is a domain name?

I dont even know what to call that... You need to have someone re-write your content for you. Its very difficult to understand what you're trying to say.
Another example:
Quote:

Now that you have a domain name, its time to host your domain name. Web hosting is the process that connects your domain name to a web space on your web hosting companies server's server.

The sentence is hard to understand, but you're wrong in what you say...
You dont host a domain name, you rent a domain name and point your domain name to your website. The domain name connects the user to the webhost which is what is used to store your website.
  • imadzweb
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Professional design work but you have put lot of text there, and no one have time to read text. Try to divide it into small paragraphs.
  • wellstyled
  • wellstyled

Post 3+ Months Ago

All those people staring at me give me the creeps.....just kidding.

I love the colors and the feel, but the Alexa toolbar add at the top ruins it. It's jarring to me (I just used that word in another review, I need to find a thesaurus.)

The text does need some work from a writing perspective and also needs to be broken up in some way. It's just too long a single paragraph for people to read.
  • schizzorl86
  • schizzorl86

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have to improve your grafic
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

The "graphics" are fine. I'm not sure what a "grafic" is though.

The site doesn't explain itself immediately to the visitor without them reading a huge body of text. A website needs to be able to make it clear what it's about within one second of the page loading.
  • pspdownloads
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • pspdownloads

Post 3+ Months Ago

it is good, and attractive
it looks very professional.
i find nothing to point negitively on your site.
  • samp
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • samp

Post 3+ Months Ago

your logo dosent stand out, it looks like a spamish type site. nothing really grabs my attention in a postive manner.

not a very friendly look or feel

sorry
  • xN3uRoNx
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks to plain to me, I think it needs more feel to it, less text, and it needs a "feel" to keep people coming to your site.
  • NewEra
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • NewEra

Post 3+ Months Ago

the domain is TOOOO long, your visitor may not be able to remember it every time plus it has a great chance of misspelling
your layout is too light need another dark color to equalize it, i guess

the layout is professional and to the point
  • wwwben
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • wwwben

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks good .. perhaps adding a different backround to the outside and bottom of the page.. nothing major just like a greay or texture or somthing of that sort
  • digit_info
  • digit_info

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks good...
  • clyde66
  • Born
  • Born
  • clyde66

Post 3+ Months Ago

darkstar_tfd wrote:
Can you please review our site: http://www.domainnameswebaddress.com/

Please let me know what do you think about it.

Neat site pal.. :roll:
  • kingrye
  • kingrye

Post 3+ Months Ago

+i like the logo
-way to much white
-nothing stands out
  • chitownsfinest424
  • chitownsfinest424

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like how professional it looks, i agree that it needs a bit more graphics to go along with the good design
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

+ Fast site
- Don't Understand anything

+Proffesional lookig. (Probably too proffesional)
- Too mush white. Makes me want to put on sunglasses.)

+ Informative
- Horrible Wording

+ Constant Layout
- Privacy Policy hard to understand, and doesn't makes me feel safe giving away my personal information to your site.

- Can't understand anything in the registrar tables.

- Where do I become a member? How?

- Site Map too plain. Better if catogarized

- Totally nothing at the "Link To Us", "FAQ" pages

- Paragraphs too longs. Need to be broken into catagories, or topics.

- The site mainly has links of a general topic that goes to a different site. Your main home page, makes your site look like its very informative, but most of the content is not yours.

- Too much reliance on Alexa.com

- What's the search option for, if you can't search? Better to put it in when you DO have links, rather then add links evantually.

- Every ones an Admin? Or is the "Log in to your Account" only for the Administrator of the site?

- A VERY VERY VERY wierd site. I came to the homeipage of the site (http://www.domainnameswebaddress.com, and then pressed on a link God knows which one, and got to this page and then when I press the link "Home" it doesn't takes me to the main page. It takes me NO WHERE.

- Wierd Names

- The Terms are ununderstandable.

- The link "Home" on the home-page should either not be clickable or present, because you can't go home if your already there, now can you?

Sorry for all of those Negatives, but I just whated you to know the way I feel about your site.
  • rockafromhell
  • Student
  • Student
  • rockafromhell
  • Loc: Erie,Pa

Post 3+ Months Ago

its very nice professional site i like it little to much white tho and TOO much to read noone is ever gona like take time to read. should have like sections and a header to name like "what is a domain" stuff like that all in all after a few minor adjustments it could be a good site.
  • southerngurl
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • southerngurl
  • Loc: Arkansas

Post 3+ Months Ago

samp wrote:
your logo dosent stand out, it looks like a spamish type site. nothing really grabs my attention in a postive manner.

not a very friendly look or feel

sorry

Exactly... spammy. Reminds me of what you end up with when you mistype a URL.
  • EddieFelson
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • EddieFelson
  • Loc: Edinburgh

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the site is good. Nothing too eyecatching but a solid site. Decent use of colours. Clear enough navigation.
Its a bit grey but it still looks nice and clean.

In the main paragraphs, there are too many words per line. I would think of cutting it in half.

Also if you check the site in firefox(which i use mainly) you have a problem with your navigation. If you mouse over the center of your nav, its fine and the navigation highlights black bground and white text. However if you mouse over the top or bottom of the navigation it flashes like mad at points, changing from the original nav to the mouse over nav at a really fast rate. People with epilepsy etc could have a big problem with this as it flashes really fast. It does not appear in IE 6 though.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers