Voting Chart

Total votes : 8

is dullzville.bravehost.com a good site?

Poll ended at May 11th, 2006, 11:13 am.

•  
    yes
  •  
    no

SITE REVIEW: please review my site

• wassy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • wassy

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello could u all please review my site and give me comments and suggestions. thanks

http://dullzville.com/
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Man looks alright, but I would just recomend that you change the font to something else than times new roman 12, might be the fact that I dont like in on websites, but yea.

also your chat room right.. is that like a messaging program on the net.. eg like (emessenger)?

because it might be easier just to like a shoutbox of some sort on there. I think you can get one at http://www.shoutmix.com
it is fully customisable.

also heading looks great but the color doesnt fit your website.. since your website is more white and black.. but otherwise.. looks pretty good, nicely layed out, all centered good job mate..

_sycofi5h
  • xfahmix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Cork, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

You might want to add paddings into your tables. Currently, it looks a bit messy and padding will make the content somewhat in place. just my 2 cents.
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h

Post 3+ Months Ago

O yeah also i cant really read the links on the main page white and light grey is really hard on my eyes...
  • wassy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • wassy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the suggestions i have made some ajustments i think u will like and that chat program i think i will keep no offense, i just like it, also im not sure what u mean by adding paddings to my tables. thanks
  • ablaye
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ablaye

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes. I agree with xfahmix about adding padding to your tables. Especially for the Navigation column. By the way, I think you mispelled "Navagation".
Padding mean leaving some space between the table border and the table contents. For example there is no space between your "Home", "Chat", etc.. links and the table border.
The way you add padding is by specifying it when you define a table ("table cellpadding="X" cellspacing="Y" border="Z") where X, Y and Z are some numbers.

Also, your site looks very plain except for the ad banners. I would suggest that you add more graphics to make it look more appealing.
  • wassy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • wassy

Post 3+ Months Ago

i just did a major update to my site and it now has cell padding, thanks for the suggestion it does look much better and i do agree it does need more pictures on the homepage
  • ultimategp
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ultimategp

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks much better then before...keep up the great work and work hard on this site and add more pics
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

theres a lot of whitespace on the homepage that i assume you will fill up. otherwise it looks like a good site. i dont like the popups though :(.
  • wassy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • wassy

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh yeah the popups are just from the free hosting so that why theres popups but if u have a popup blocker its all good and i just added stuff to fill that white space so its good now.
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

theres a table farkup on the cars page in ff.
  • NewEra
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • NewEra

Post 3+ Months Ago

the page has an horizontal bar
(i use 1024 resolution)
  • zanabuna
  • Born
  • Born
  • zanabuna

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's pretty simplistic. Looks like something done in Frontpage.
You could do a lot better.
Strive from simplicity.
  • wassy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • wassy

Post 3+ Months Ago

accually i did it in dreamweaver and i dont find it very simplistic to tell u the truth but thx for ur feedback
  • wassy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • wassy

Post 3+ Months Ago

i just did a major appearance update so check it out i think it looks much better, please tell me what you all think
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey man allready better, good color combination. Though one hint wouldb to change the updates box to have the same black or dark greay background as the rest of the site, and continue with the white writing.. also i did pick up that is displays differently in Mozzilla to IE.

I found that in Mozzilla it seems to be wider than in IE, have a look:

http://www.skizzers.org/sycofish/dull.html

_sycofi5h
  • wassy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • wassy

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmmm thats weird ill have to check into that thanks for the heads up
  • wassy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • wassy

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok i just fixed it the site should now work in mozilla
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does your site have a purpose? Is there any original content I've missed? It looks like you are just collecting bits of content from other "___ of the day"-type sites and presenting it on one page. Aesthetically, your colour scheme is a bit dark, but there's nothing wrong with that. Your logo looks okay but isn't expressive enough, it doesn't say anything about your domain. What is Dullzville? To me that means a place that is dull, where nothing ever happens. Since that's not exactly a name that would pique my interest, what is it about your site that will pull in visitors and make them interested enough to return?

Also, you might want to put the site's name in the <title> of the page. Currently it just says "Home," which doesn't tell me anything about the site I'm on if that browser tab is not the one in focus.

- Gita
  • wassy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • wassy

Post 3+ Months Ago

im sorry i guess u dont realize that the site is obviously not done and thanks i will change the title of the pages oh and by the way the name is perfectly fine do u know theres a site named crapville.com and its a very very successful site.
  • jeruk
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Hermosillo

Post 3+ Months Ago

good appareance but for example, the section of cars its so plain, only specification of the cars, try to improve new ideas, reviews of best cars may be, an extra for this section it´s my recommendation, good work...
  • wassy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • wassy

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah ur right but i just dont really want to do that cause i dont want to get in trouble for copyright or anything u no

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 22 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers