SITE REVIEW: please review www.discoverweightloss.com

• MrChico
  • MrChico

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there everyone,

I wrote a site that markets a weight loss e-book at: http://www.discoverweightloss.com. This is my first site ever so I am obviously an amateur in web design. Please give me some constructive criticism that I can work with.

If you would like to join my affiliate program please go to http://www.discoverweightloss.com/affiliates.html. You get a 55% commission on every sale that you refer and a free copy of the e-book.

My post got deleted in the past for not posting long enough reviews, so I would like to make my apologies to the administrators. I've learned from my mistake. If you saw my site the first time round you will notice that I have made changes to it since, based on the comments that I recieved.

Thanks for your time,
MrChico
  • ramone_johnny
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ramone_johnny
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Myself personally, when I see sites that have that marketing feel, I cant close the browser quick enough.

Apart from that, I noticed some of your images looked familiar. Hope you have the rights to use them.

RJ
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Too much scrolling!!!

Can't you cut up your content in sections? Noone likes to scroll continously especially with no "back to top" function!

You really need to jazz up your site a bit. Add some more colours all that white hurts my eyes.

Create a section titled something along the lines of "Satisfied Customers" or "Testimonials". Buyers like to see that as reassurement (I know I do).

When I click on "Order" the site seems to get smaller? I checked in both IE & FF

When I click on "Affiliates" the link "Order" disappears

Create a form instead of a direct email link on the "Contact" section. Alot of web users are still only using web based email (hotmail, yahoo, gmail, etc).
  • vdesigns
  • vdesigns
  • Loc: india

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have some suggestions

cut the text or dicide them into multiple pages. People generally don't like scrolling down to the end of the page.
A picture of the book might look attractive then all these pictures.
Do you have any before and after pictures that you may want to use?
just a suggestion
  • George_Gambino
  • Student
  • Student
  • George_Gambino

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got this strange feeling after reading your site. It was as if I was presented with so much information but so little insight. Why not include a few extracts from your book that would actually entice and instill some buyer confidence. Real content!

Professionally, your site could do with a style and design make-over. As Ramone said, it reeks of marketing tactics, when it could be so much more. Also, all the information is basically presented on one page. Split it up into 2 or 3 pages; this would then add more links to your menu, which as it stands, is nothing more than a grab-for-cash directive, what with your Affiliates and Order links.

Personally, I have an issue with your site. I feel it is designed to out-smart the naive and ignorant, but will do little to capture the majority of the market who have long been educated on the teachings of Dr Atkins, South Beach and so on.

In other words, their are NO secrets to Weight Loss.
  • ilyawizard
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ilyawizard

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yep...everything is great, except for scrolling!!!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers