SITE REVIEW: Point9Studios.com

• Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys, im back with another site for you to review. http://www.point9studios.com Just finished, and i am currently working on adding some tutorials for each section, as well as getting our hosting going. Please feel free to make posts on the forums if you wish. Also, do you think a site like this would benifite from a shoutbox?
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow! What a bright background. Its too much yellow. It's irritating to the eyes. Perhaps make it oranger or greener.

Creativity in the form of a pill? I need some of those pills cuz thats very creative.

I thought the main page had stopped loading for a second. You really need something at the bottom of the white part. Perhaps curve it at the edges to create a smoother effect. Continue that design around and connect both sides together.

I realize that if it extends past the bottom the design looks better but I still think it would look best if you curved it at the bottom.

Wow nice sigs. Theyre free I presume? I wouldnt know for sure because you sell templates.

Tutorial sections a bit small but I know thats WIP. I would suggest adding a links section perhaps.
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, thank you for reminding me about the bottom. I have changed that, i just need to reupload it. Yes the sigs are free, the templates are just sample content at the moment. I will be updating them with free, and one you can purchase. We are still puting a lot of work into the content of th site. Most of our time right now is going into tutorials. We have only one on there right now, but i have about 9 more written that need to get uploaded. We are also going to be adding the .PSD files for all of the sigs soon.
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good work. Your page should improve greatly.
  • alecs
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Timisoara, Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well... there are a few things you can work on.
First of all, your layout isn't wide so it should fit in a browser at 800*600. You have some imgs like http://www.point9studios.com/images/index_01.jpg (more than half of it is yellow - unnecessary) which cause the orizontal scrollbar to appear.

I don't like the background color in the header - the same as the page bg. It looks as if it's cut out from the main white frame. And I don't see the reason for having that top image. Is it somehow related to the site?

The content is good, and the sigs are great. Good luck with the tuts.
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah, the extra yellow is a result of sloppy slicing. I think im going to go back and reslice and make a few changes. Also, what would you suggest for the extra area where i have the image at the top. Think i should have something that says like:

Total Tutorials: XX
Total Sigs: XX
Total Templates: XX
Total Forum Posts: XX

or what would you suggest?

Thanks for all of the great comments so far keep them coming :)

poly
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

also, what do you think about the forum skin. it is based off of the skin HeliusGrey.
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

That will make for an informative top. I dont have any better suggestions as to what you should put there.
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, well let me ask you this, if you came to a random site, would you think that that is too much information or do you think it is a good idea or what?
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Show me a version of the site with it and one without and Ill see. I dont know your exact placement or how it would look.
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the comments on aesthetic are sufficient - although, my main concern is the play on "Creativity in the form of a pill".... huh?

It doesn't make much sense as there isn't much visual are support in imagery or content to support that line anywhere on the site making it feel rather out of place...
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thats what I meant by creative but I didnt want to be negetive until I got a second opinion.
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok,
First of all I'm gonna hit on the yellow...way too much for me.

hERE'S a thought also...instead of having the layout stop in the middle of the page...why not make it top and bottom and the amount of yellow space would also decreas making it a bit better and more professional i'd say.

I notice u did that all over...honestly i don't like that at all. The white space would actually balance off the yello space you know. Seems like you just love the yellow and running from the white.

Code: [ Select ]
<link href="CSS.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<style type="text/css">
<!--
.style2 {color: #FFFFFF}
.style3 {color: #000000}
.style5 {color: #999999}
-->
</style>
  1. <link href="CSS.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
  2. <style type="text/css">
  3. <!--
  4. .style2 {color: #FFFFFF}
  5. .style3 {color: #000000}
  6. .style5 {color: #999999}
  7. -->
  8. </style>

you have external css plus more internal ones...why not make all exeternal?

<!-- ImageReady Slices (design45641.psd) -->

it's normally nice to take that out. The world doesn't have to know you used imageready...let them ponder.

There's absoutely no meta tags. You need to have some of those in. Put something descriptive in your title tag...not just site name. Also your doc type declaration isn't in...but hey I kinda hate that thing...but it's W3C standards.

Great job on the site.
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.Point9Studios.com

only one link on 1st page, no content;
no content on 2nd page either;

I am fraid the viewer will lost their patience.
  • Fine Lingerie
  • Born
  • Born
  • Fine Lingerie

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the use of bright colors (yellow, white).
  • the_menace
  • the_menace
  • Loc: Sacramento, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the splash page is a good start to your page. Maybe change the fonts a different and that one is set.

As far as the main site, the navigational menu on top is choppy and it doesn't go well with the header (which is nice BTW). The font need to be sized a little better and could use a different color.
  • RockmanTV
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • RockmanTV

Post 3+ Months Ago

That yellow bothers me. I'd recomend a light greay color or a gradient. Also, like someone mentioned earlier.. you're content isn't that wide, yet when I view it in 800 x 600 I get the horizontal scroll bar. Consider revising that. Good luck.
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the replies guys, i have pretty much had to put this project on hold for the time being. As soon as i can finish up some of the projects im working on ill get back on this. I have some of the site redone. I have set it up with php now, and i am working on building my own content mangement system.
  • genpichong
  • genpichong

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks good. Really cool. But there are too many big images. So the site is slow to download. Each page need to download more than 200K of stuff. It is not recommended.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 19 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers