SITE REVIEW: My Portfolio! - Arman Khan

• akhan360
  • akhan360

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys!

I used to be a member a while ago under the name of gsgfx. I haven't done any web/graphic designing for a little over a year now, but I want to get back into it. I'm working on a portfolio atm, and I have a design that I want to run by you guys. The image is 1000x800, so feel free to right click 'View Image' and take a look at it unscaled. It'll be situated in the top middle of the page. It'll be a single-page website with anchor links,

Attachments:
portfolio2.png

Thanks!
  • tastysite
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is no image.
  • akhan360
  • akhan360

Post 3+ Months Ago

I used the [img] tag to embed it =/ try this http://s4.postimage.org/9ddasqjqh/portfolio2.png
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

hhmm i am taking a serious look at this and the metal bg does not look half bad and i can not figure out what is behind the text but looks good. Now the sides of the text i looked at the dark sections and i find it nice work on the edges there(i can not think of word for the edge work there lol).

As a working progress it shows some talent so when your done, post up the finial work i would love to see it.

Nice work so far mate :)
  • akhan360
  • akhan360

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the response and kind words, appreciate it! I used a free stock image of painted canvas with yellowish and redish paint on it. I wanted to incorporated some real life texture along with rendered photoshop texture too (hence the metalish background lol). I'll definitely post a working and final demo on this thread.
  • Chaze
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: WebHost.pro

Post 3+ Months Ago

it's a good start the text matches and the colors blend well. Let us know when the site is ready to check out.
  • sherma
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree that the colors are blending well (and I don't think bringing "metal" together with anything would be easy for me ;)

Zealous, about that edge work, "grunge" comes to mind? I love working with grunge masks.
  • JonsonL
  • JonsonL

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can't really visualize how the website will look like based on your image but I can tell is a pretty dark theme.

Overall the colors combination are well-matched and blends in seamlessly together.

Do hope to see your finished work : )
  • Precision
  • Precision

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice piece of work. You should upload a link to your full portfolio when you get a chance. I would love to see more. Good luck on everything! :)
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

don't mean to bump much but what is the progress of this? was quite interested to see this last year.
  • Fokebox
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that color combination that you have used isn't so attractive! There are too much gray and too litle other colors!
So gray and black font color doesn't look well and it is always hard to read!
Kind regards,
Fokebox
  • smirnova
  • smirnova

Post 3+ Months Ago

Beautiful design, quite memorable, I like minimalist of your design! in my opinion very well!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers