SITE REVIEW: Portfolio & Blog DESIGN

• Jorge05r
  • Jorge05r

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've been working lately on my blog & portfolio design, I'm satisfied with the design so far but if anyone would like to give some helpful Feedback and reviews the design, it would be really appreciated. My next steps is to work on usability, speed, web standards and most important content.

Click below to view the design:
http://www.jorgelinares.com/jorgelinares5.png
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

From a design point of view it looks great, After zooming in on the image your provided me I took a close look and I like it.

Your logo looks really good, I would say thats the thing that I like the most about it :P

The navagation bar looks good from the screenshot, I like the pink mouse over colour that goes great with the rest of the colours.

Overall a great choice of colours and nice layout, Good luck with your website.

I look forward to looking at it again when you have some content on there :P
  • Jorge05r
  • Jorge05r

Post 3+ Months Ago

penguin thanks for the review of my site design, really helpful.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not a problem my friend, When you add some more content let me know so I can make a more detailed review.
  • matt_digg
  • Born
  • Born
  • matt_digg

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that this site is too wonderful !
  • claireo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • claireo
  • Loc: Coventry

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree, i think you have got the design aspect down really well, which is one of the important aspects, I love the shape you have created with the RSS logo, its different and really interesting. Alot of the time i see designs with not many photos, and they look really bad, but this seems to capture a good design without needing photos to balance it out.

I would like to see this once you have content on it, and then i can comment on the userbility which i think will be the main aspect.

Fantastico
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like the design. You have done an excellent job with the header, your color scheme flows very well, and the rss feed button near the top is pretty unique. Very nice.

I noticed you used two different fonts for your sidebar vs. your post titles. The sidebar font seems like it fits the fonts of most of the other elements on your site, whereas the post title font is very tall and rigid. It seems slightly out of place compared to the rest.

But seriously that's all nitpicky stuff, and it is barely noticeable so I wouldn't worry about it or anything.

Nicely done.

The site is very colorful and designed very well.
  • kevsterb007
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kevsterb007

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very good layout. New users should be able to easily navigate. The actual design seems a bit flat to me. Red on blue does not typically win the "best design" award, but it unique and if it represents your style then go for it!
  • debob
  • debob

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like the layout and how you have the flikr photos on the right.

As stated by kevster, those colors don't really "fit" me but hey, if it's what you like, go for it. That's what a blog is supposed to be anyways, right?
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks great! ANd I mean that, but I'm a little confused, is this going to be your new site. Looks like you have a site already that has your works on it. That site looks nice too. A little to plain. I would add more features to it and make it more than one page. But very good and inspiring.
  • TonyMeszaros
  • TonyMeszaros

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like it! it looks great!
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Excellent. The site looks great, I wouldn't have chosen those colors (i.e. the dark blue and aqua blue) but they look good with the site...maybe a little dark though. Did you make the RSS image yourself?...thats really nice. Good work.
  • Reflections
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good design, colour combination, navigation etc.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers