SITE REVIEW: Portfolio / Blog

• Bladesling
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Bladesling
  • Loc: Utah

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm making a website about me, like for a portfolio type thing, but its about me in general.. Like pretty much every thing I do...
So like there is a portfolio of my stuff and a blog on my life along with contact info...

http://bladesling.servegame.com/portfolio/

This is what I have so far and was wondering if I could get some reviews on the look, sorry for the lack of content, I just got the actual template made instead of just showing you all an image.
Thank you,
Blaine Ehrhart
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• wellstyled
  • wellstyled

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the general feel of the site. I usually dislike script fonts, but I found yours to be very readable and appropriate for a personal site.

My only suggestion would be to consider how the image appears in the browser. The white space surrounding the good graphic is somewhat jarring to me for some reason but I don't have an immediate solution.

Once again, I like the look and feel but almost need to see more content to really comment.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Too much blue...Try to make some of the elements white to offset the blue and it will look much more polished and professional.
  • Bladesling
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Bladesling
  • Loc: Utah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Edits:
* I made it an actual site
* Changed the blue nav and header to white
* Finished most of the menu's, still trying to trick adobe into letting me have many layers on top of each other with different layer settings.. don't think thats going to happen lol.. so ya.. gotta do those last ones manually or something.

Truce wrote:
Too much blue...Try to make some of the elements white to offset the blue and it will look much more polished and professional.

Thanks for the idea :D I changed the two things I best saw fit for a chance and it looks much better. Thank you for your great comment!

wellstyled wrote:
My only suggestion would be to consider how the image appears in the browser. The white space surrounding the good graphic is somewhat jarring to me for some reason but I don't have an immediate solution.

I think I know what your talking about.. but at the same time I don't. Are you talking about my background? Hmm, would be nice to know more about this problem but thanks for the comment.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers