SITE REVIEW: Pre-Paid Legal

• aout
  • Loc: Isolated CapitalCity

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I wonder what you think of this site. It's the company that I am working's website and yeah I did it.

It's http://www.ppls.biz

and it's the aussie one that is, we only link to the USA one because it's franchise
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Somewhere on Google Earth

Post 3+ Months Ago

for the country selection on the front, it would be easier to navigate the box if holding down the button would scroll through the choices instead of havening to click a bunch of times

also, on the aussie site you link to european sites, but not on the front page.

The banner at the top of your site will be blocked by people with content blockers on their browsers, possibly making them think that it is ad space

Solid and simple design that is easy to navigate

So other than the few minor problems, I think it is a great, service oriented site
  • aout

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks IH8Purple.....

well, in the aussie site none of the USA or european links link to their site, if you click them, they will only open up a new window containing some information .. :)

how do I make my banner unblocked?

and about the flash one, yeah I am not really keen about the button... but I am still learning flash and it's my second website hehe..

thanks again!
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Somewhere on Google Earth

Post 3+ Months Ago

change the name of the grafic, more content filters will black */banners.* and */banner.*
  • Kraze
  • Kraze
  • Loc: New Orleans, LA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just noticed a small inconsistency with your maps.

On the index page (with Flash) there is no link to the European site, though on the map on the pages at the bottom left there is. Also, on the index page map there is a "coming soon" Malaysia, though this is not on the map on your pages at the bottom left.

The following are my opinions and suggestions:

Index page:

The transparent text over the map of the world starts at the right edge of North America. It seems to me that it makes North America stand out more and it makes the transparent logo and text seem somewhat "out of place" to me. Perhaps drop the transparent text since you have it in orange at the top, or maybe consider centering it across the entire map.

The flash scroll arrows to select your country are backwards to me. My normal way of attempting to use those scrolls are to hit the down arrow first, not the up arrow to see more choices like it currently is. Another suggestion for those arrows is to make them actually scroll when the mouse moves over them, or maybe continue to scroll after a click until you move your mouse off. It just seemed like I had to click way to may times to get to the next selection.

Colors... the colors on the index page while very nice, don't seem to flow with either the American or Australian sites on first glance. Both your site and the USA site have shades of khaki / ivory (same color family of browns) as the predominate color with the orange as an accent. Perhaps make the orange text in either of those shades, or make the background of the index page either of those colors and that would make the map stand out more.

About us page:

I think the banners at the bottom that link to the USA and European sites need a different font color, perhaps lighter. The text currently seems to get lost in the image.

Links:

I noticed throughout the site that some links were maroon and some were the default blue (non-visited) and default purple (visited). I noticed some text that I couldn’t click on was maroon too. You may want to use CSS to control the link colors (link, hover, visited, active) so that you don’t have to worry about setting it on every link you create.

Overall I think this is a very clean and easy to navigate website. Good job!

This is my first time reviewing a site here so I hope I did not overstep any boundaries.
  • aout

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Kraze :)

Quote:
On the index page (with Flash) there is no link to the European site, though on the map on the pages at the bottom left there is. Also, on the index page map there is a "coming soon" Malaysia, though this is not on the map on your pages at the bottom left.

the map on the botoom left only links to new windows explaining about markets that PPL has been into all this time not linking to the website.

The only PPL's site other than aussie's is USA's and the malaysia's will be coming soon. I hope this explains my inconsistency hehe

and the index , yes , the colours dont flow with the aussie site. But my employer would like colours that totally different , unattached with the US' colours and aussie's ones.....

okaay about the links.. haha yeah I dont use CSS...

and lastly... about the flash... yeah I am fixing it.. unfortunately I cant do anything about the buttons..... if anyone knows how to insert images into dynamic scroll text lemme know....

Thanks again Kraze! :wink:
  • cipher
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

the site looks good but after you select a country the top of the site that shows up looks good hoever at the bottom it was just a straight line giving the appearance as though the page did not finish load or something. maybe there should be curves at the bottom as there are at the top.
  • benoitb
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Washington, DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks fine like cipher said after a country is selected...i recommend you change the font on the index page at the top..it does not fit.
  • 01wojtowicz
  • 01wojtowicz

Post 3+ Months Ago

It takes a very long time for the cross to follow the cursor to where you r pointing tryn fix it

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers