SITE REVIEW: Prestige Office Accessories

• Prestige
  • Born
  • Born
  • Prestige

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all,

Please review my site, http://www.prestigeofficeaccessories.com. I've had this site up for about 5 years and have enjoyed moderate success, but am anxious to get some professional opinions, which I'm hoping will help me to understand why the site hasn't been more successful than it has. Please let me know what you think about every aspect of it and don't hold back! If you were in the market for these items, would you buy here? If so, why; if not, why not? Do you feel comfortable with the checkout? The SSL? Would a Google site/web search embedded on the site be an attractive addition? Would offering either Google checkout or PayPal help? If so, which would be preferable? Are there things missing from the site? Too much verbiage? Too little? I'm really interested in any and all of your responses, so fire away!
Thanks very much for your time and your input!

Don
  • krates
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • krates

Post 3+ Months Ago

The image in between is taking a lot of space... shorten the size of it and it will look good..
  • victoriaphee
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • victoriaphee

Post 3+ Months Ago

You used one image three times all in the homepage. It gives an impression that you don't have the products with that's why you can't post them, for example, in your special offers. Maybe you can work on that. I hope this helps
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the design of the site. Its simple with a bit of elegance. I am not that enthused about the top image. It shows the products floating over a gray gradient background, could you get a really high quality shot of them on a nice desk?

Also there is a gray line that appears under resources and links when you roll over resources. I would love to see some quality detail shots on the item pages instead of just the text descriptions. Maybe a large image at the top of the item and then a row of 3 images the full width of the post about half way down.

As far as the payment goes its up to you. Paypal and Google are nice if you use them and they are well known enough that people trust the names, buy if you have ssl then not having one of the 2 above would probably not stop me from buying from you.

Hope that helps.
  • wallarookiller
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeh the background of the big image seems to through me off. The site looks professional enough I just think a little bit better graphics might help.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The design looks good. You chose the colors well and the layout works for what you need. The only thing I have against it, is that the image at the top right column is too tall... I don't know if you can fix that or not, but it takes too much space at the index page.

I would suggest you remove those radio boxes after the search box and only make that for searching your site. People got Googe, Yahoo and lots of other choices to search the web. Even though you are using Google, I don't think you really need "Search the Web" option.

It would also be great if you give an option to search products you've got, not the pages your site has.

At "Contact Us" page, I would suggest to center the Form. Also, what about more products per page? I think that would be a good idea there. Otherwise, I think it's pretty good.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers