SITE REVIEW: Prestige Washrooms

• rajputkashyap
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello

I would like to have review about Prestige Washrooms, Please review about usability, site design, checkout part (It's an E-Commerce site) and if possible in terms of search engine friendly.

Thank you

regards
Kashyap
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• linxiting
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • linxiting
  • Loc: Belgium

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice website, clean design.

There's only one problem with your buttons... When you go over a button, the rollover doesn't work that great. Make sure the main button and the first one below it are on the same height...
  • rajputkashyap
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for taking time to review website, are you talking about left navigation links? Please specify..

regards
Kashyap
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm guessing the delayed loading time has to do with me being in Florida USA and the domain apparently being in the UK ?

I'm pretending that I'm a small local restaurant owner and I need new restroom fixtures. My place has some style and I don't want to use the same generic stuff that everyone else gets from Home Depot.

I think about when I use the restroom somewhere, what do I need ?

I make out a list, soap dispensers, hand dryers, faucets, towel dispensers, mirrors, toilet paper dispensers.

And now a search engine takes me to this site when I search for some form of resturaunt restroom supplies words.

Aha, I forgot about baby changing tables because I don't have any kids. I better look at those too, good thing there was one on the home page to remind me. I see some stuff I'm looking for already there too. I wonder what else they have.

Awesome, there's a list of things on the side and baby changing tables is right on top. Nice to see how many things are in each category too.

I've been up for, sheesh I guess 14 hours already. That light blue text on the white background in this sidebar is kinda tough on my eyes. I wish the blue was just a few shades darker.

Ooh grab rails. I forgot all about handicapped people too. Oh cool, there's shower stuff in here too I guess they have stuff for regular home bathrooms as well. I'll have to remember that.

Consumables. I wonder what their prices are like on those, it's about that time again anyways. Maybe I can order a some of that stuff from here now to see how their whole system works before I get everything else I need.

Annd, now I'm bored pretending to be a restaurant owner. :D
  • linxiting
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • linxiting
  • Loc: Belgium

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes i'm talking about the left navigation links. Maybe it's just this case in IE7 and IE8. I haven't got Firefox or Opera installed on this computer...
  • tastysite
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

linxiting wrote:
Yes i'm talking about the left navigation links. Maybe it's just this case in IE7 and IE8. I haven't got Firefox or Opera installed on this computer...

It is, it works fine in crome
  • rajputkashyap
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello

Thank for your time taking to review site

joebert, I didnt understand the moral of the story? might be I am dumb here.. can you specify is it kind of review.. what bottom line i should take from your story besides loading time of the site

linxiting, thank you for taking time and point out cross browser issue, I am on it and will solve that problem asap..

Thank you, anybody else??

regards
Kashyap
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I tried to put myself in the shoes of someone who would use the site. Take from that whatever you want. :)

You should really consider checking out the contrast of the light blue links over that white background though. It's a little rough on tired eyes.
  • rajputkashyap
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you joebert, I really should take care of that.. also the one point made out by linxiting about navigation issue in IE..

Thank you all members, does this site seems to be fine in terms of search engine friendly design, or say checkout seems normal? anything to reduce the cart abandonment rate, its about 96% at this time

regards
Kashyap
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Overall, I like the design of the site, I think the grey of the background could be a bit lighter though, it seems a little jarring compared to the white of the interior content. I enjoy the small unique detailing put into the iconography of the '1-800' phone number and the 'Free Shipping', that's a nice touch.

The only flaw I have noticed (in Google Chrome) is the fact that the large 'advertisement image' is not centered in the 'content' whitespace. As well as the fact the image seems too close to the header 'Featured Products'

Hope that helps, best of luck!
  • laura82
  • Born
  • Born
  • laura82
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the way those products are listed.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers