SITE REVIEW: Pro-Retouching.com [Professional Retouching]

• Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am starting up a digital retouching business finally. I have been researching this for about 2 months now and I wasn't finding any retouching websites that stood out in ease of use, quality of work, and cost.

I have been doing retouching for about a year which might not seem like a long time, but I work at a portrait studio. I usually do between 5-10 retouchings per day! I already have one professional retoucher lined up for work that I know can do the job, and I can get more easily.

I started work on the site, but I am nowhere near finished. I want a couple opinions on how it looks and such before I really dive into it. Just gimme some input on the main page, as the rest don't work yet.

http://www.Pro-Retouching.com
  • uknightuss
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • uknightuss
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the neon/cobalt blue with the brushed aluminum, I think they go well together. The font is also nice, although the menu is directly in the center of the page. I imagine that when other pages are built that the menu location may have to change based on content being shown.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why would the menu move? It is kinda built in where it is and can't go anywhere without redesigning the graphics because it is all one image sliced in photoshop.
  • uknightuss
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • uknightuss

Post 3+ Months Ago

well,

I just never saw anyone put a menu right in the middle of where the content usually goes.. Where you gonna put the content, on the edges of the page going around the menu?

If you look at my site, winamp skins, computer art etc.. you will see that I'm no amateur with layers, cropping, and slicing... Sometimes you just have to re-arrange the entire design..
  • uknightuss
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • uknightuss

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like I said in my first review, I do like the design and definitely like the font and color scheme, metallic..

I guess the menu just appears a little low in the page to me. I'm guessing you will have the page expand underneath the menu, and leave the menu and image above it as the header for each sub page..

Forgive me if all my assumptions have been totally incorrect..
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL. Alrighty then, I do believe your assumptions where in fact incorrect. The content will all go in the box below the menu, where I already have a bit of content.

I designed the site to work with 800x600, but it looks much better in 1024x768, which is becoming the standard. I personally use 1280x1024 though.

I am planning on smerging the menu and content bo with the banner/logo/header. This will make it flow a little easier, and allow me to add in a side, sub-link menu.
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

welll the layout is ok...simple nav, fast loading for me (i've just realised that i shouldn't really mention about loading since i'm on broadband)
Anyways i just think that instead of using an eye which i thing signifies vision something more like a hand should be used but you'd have to know how to do it. ( a hand and a wand with some pixe dust aorund it or something) just a crazy idea.

Overall the site works. And your idea is one of a kind. Stick with it.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am gonna keep the eye because I have had about 4 people tell me how much they love it. Also, it takes a trained eye to do good retouching so it makes sense.
  • Mr Smith
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Mr Smith
  • Loc: Birmingham, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

i'd change the font from that nasty default times new roman to something a little more modern.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers