Voting Chart

Total votes : 6

Please rate the design & layout of the front page of ProCigarettes.com

Poll ended at April 4th, 2004, 12:54 pm.

•  
    10 out of 10 (best)
  •  
    09 out of 10
  •  
    08 out of 10
  •  
    07 out of 10
  •  
    06 out of 10
  •  
    05 out of 10
  •  
    04 out of 10
  •  
    03 out of 10
  •  
    02 out of 10
  •  
    01 out of 10 (worst)

SITE REVIEW: ProCigarettes.com

• artbydesign
  • artbydesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello...

I am currently working on a new project (http://www.procigarettes.com) and would appreciate any reviews anyone would be willing to give about the design, layout and functionality of the front page.

As the site is currently in development, only a few of the links will be functional. (listed below) I wanted to make sure that the main design was good, before I applied it to the rest of the site.

Functional Links:

• Home
    • About
    • Affiliates
    • Bookmark
    • Contact
    • FAQ / Help
    • Guarantee
    • Legal Info
    • Link Exchange
    • Shipping Info
    • Useful Links
Some of the Cigarette Style links will work, however they will go to an "Old" version of the site. (Please try not to judge the content based on the "Old" style, as even I don't like it!) lol :lol:

Also, if anyone knows where I could find a free shopping cart script that will work with paypal, that'd be great! Or, if someone knows how to make a dropdown menu for selecting QUANTITY prior to hitting the "add to cart" of paypal, that would be even better!

I'm looking forward to your reviews!

Art
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• jubilaki
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like the couors used and scroler is great

overall 9/10 for front page
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Many of your navigation links on the left hand side are NOT above the 800x600 "fold" including Zippos, Watches and Sunglasses.

Header image is good but let down by the fact the designer has not spent money on more professional looking fonts like DIN Café or Humanist.

I am not keen on your page text font. I suggest Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif.

Your SEO in HTML is good.

I suggest you change your uppercase letters to lower case 'cos no one like been SHOUTED at and upper case text is 20% slower to read according to research sources (sorry cant find link to source).

7.5/10
  • OldSocks
  • OldSocks
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the site is real good.
Some of the fonts are too big for my liking - but everyone has their own style.

Very good - well done!
  • Cryptor69
  • Cryptor69

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks to me like you mixed up two color schemes and that dosn't really work for me personally. You have the very bright white/blue thing and the greyish red/yellow thing. These two color combinations don't fit together very well at all.

The "View Cart" graphic looks like something out of corel draw clipart, does not belong on this page.

I tried soem Zippo Links but none of them worked.
  • LordArnell
  • LordArnell
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are too many colours used on the site. Thats like five main different colours used on the home page. I would remove the black lines around the main content, link and main title areas. It looks like several different parts that have just be put on the same page. I like the idea of the drop down menus across the top.

I hope this helps
  • Sonire
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Sonire

Post 3+ Months Ago

That was the first time I ever saw a website for cigarettes. Over all, I would say it is a good site, but things are a bit croweded.
  • gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Nippon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not a big fan of the color scheme used or the fonts in the dropdown menu navigations, so I give your site a 6/10. However, if you can mail me a carton of Camel Turkish Gold I'd give you a 10/10. Can't get Turkish Gold's in Japan!
  • rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have an excellent site, i could say perfect for the menus too.
Nice portal.
Nothing wrong with it. :wink:
  • MrFeetz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • MrFeetz

Post 3+ Months Ago

For the most part the site is easy to navigate. *I buy Cigarettes online. I was able to find out your policies, prices, and cigarette brands without any trouble. ++Some of your last 7 links are dead. Clever thought on your FAQ page. Although not a function of the site, *your shipping Priority Air Mail transit time seems (imho) overly optimistic.

++Although you have mentioned this in your post, I would think that after a month's time, especially for an ecommerce site, that these links should be live.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers