SITE REVIEW: professional photo gallery and community

• xoog
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • xoog

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please review my site:
xoog.net

I've had some great feedback from friends and members although I want to go that extra bit further.

Its been suggested to me that 'xoog' sounds purple (dont ask - that was from a (future) art director) - although I think purple will direct the site towards one gender, which I certainly dont want.

I've coded everything from the ground up so would particularly appreciate any new feature ideas or any coding issues

Thanks in advance
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Sean77771
  • Sean77771

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, the layout on the homepage seems a bit chaotic. Also, the pink that you have there at the top clashes horribly with the rest of the site. Maybe you could make it the same blue as the rest, or some color that might go better with it?
  • flavian
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • flavian

Post 3+ Months Ago

rockin man... only thing i would suggest is that background image... either to remove it or make it bigger with some more styling... It kind of distracts from overall theme..
  • xoog
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • xoog

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the feedback-

im interested in what others' think about the pink? I've heard mixed opinions about it, more-so that people like the pink/blue/green combo, ive used pink to guide the user's eye.

flavian: Which background image?
There are the two silhoettes - the one in the background of the entire site, and one in the background of the main body.
also there is the gradient of the <body>

Thanks,
Paul
  • Pooran
  • Pooran

Post 3+ Months Ago

you will need to imporve your site with quality of content and lookwise,....
  • cyberoptik
  • cyberoptik
  • Loc: IL.USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

The site template is actually pretty nice, its an odd combination of colors but for the most part it works for me. The only think I don't like are the pink in the nav.

For your meta tags, I would suggest putting a better description of your site to appeal to users that find your site through search engines.

Ron
  • tekintatar
  • tekintatar
  • Loc: Istanbul

Post 3+ Months Ago

Too much advertising. I personally dislike the sites where the content mixes with advertising. Try to make a neat layout by placing advertisements out of the content.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers