SITE REVIEW: Programmer Meet Designer

• kasrak
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kasrak

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, about a week ago I finished a site called Programmer Meet Designer (http://programmermeetdesigner.com). It's a site for programmers, designers, entrepreneurs and writers to find each other and work together. Actually, it was originally only for programmers and designers but I added entrepreneurs and writers a few days ago.

So anyways, what do you think of the idea, the implementation, the design? Any suggestions as to how to make it better? Thanks for your time!

P.S. Sorry, I originally posted this in the wrong forum.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• stormchylde
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think it is a great idea for a site :)

I don't really like the text size of like welcome & latest listings. I would make it alittle bit smaller.

I like the colors for the content but maybe you could spice it up with a really nice banner? It feels alittle bland right now.

Anyways I think you did a great job :) It looks very user friendly too IMO.
  • kasrak
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kasrak

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks. I'm working with someone to create a nice spicey logo for the site to spruce it up a bit =)

Glad you like it. Keep the feedback coming! Thanks =)
  • webia
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webia
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

very smart adds by google under the latest listings .. you think it`s a menu of your site if you`re not paying huge atention , and you click it. . so you earn money :)

Nice :D
  • kasrak
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kasrak

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
very smart adds by google under the latest listings .. you think it`s a menu of your site if you`re not paying huge atention , and you click it

Haha..someone else said that too. But I wasn't really aiming for that; I don' t want to really trick the visitors into clicking ads. They might get pissed.

I might move that block somewhere else.
  • worthyashes
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • worthyashes

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wanted to have a look, but the connection timed out. Don't think it's me as I'm still getting to other sites. I'm using fox, but also don't think thats the prob.

Thought you should know...
  • kasrak
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kasrak

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, the DreamHost server had problems about 4 hours ago. It's back up though.
  • waffles
  • Student
  • Student
  • waffles

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would look into having something besides white as the background color. It makes everything else just kind of float in the middle of nowhere.

I really like it, you've done a great job with it. I really like how you can read the links all the time. So many people seem to forget to check on that.
  • kasrak
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kasrak

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to be playing around with the CSS a bit today to see if I can make it look better.

By the way, which of these logos looks better?
1 -
or
2 -
or the current one
  • areisdesigns
  • areisdesigns
  • Loc: Denver, CO, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't see much design to the site, and not really diggin' the color pallete. I am glad to see you are designing a new logo, I like number 2. A subtle background would be nice instead of the white imo. I like that you are keeping it simple, though.
  • kasrak
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kasrak

Post 3+ Months Ago

I played with the colors to no avail. Perhaps I'll have better luck tomorow. But what do you think of this third logo?
  • Gavilan
  • Born
  • Born
  • Gavilan
  • Loc: Guaynabo, Puerto Rico

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its anaweosme concept, but you might want to give Guest something more than the log in page before they sign up :)
  • kasrak
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kasrak

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm..i see. I though the sidebar on the front page with the FAQ page would be enough. I don't know what else to tell Guest. But thanks for the feedback.

Anyways, here's the best (imho) logo so far:
What do you guys think?
  • webia
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webia
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

the one above 100%
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yea, the one above, is the best logo in my opinion.
  • kasrak
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kasrak

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, most people have agreed with me (and you guys), saying that they like that. However, some have said it looks too complex as a logo and I really don't have time to keep remaking the logo. =(
  • eoran
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • eoran
  • Loc: Mexico City

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site design looks great! And I love the idea...
I would add more sections to the main menu... I have some trouble finding out the concise advantages of joining. Maybe a who's who section, where you can find out who can register as a designer, who as a programmer, as a writer and as an entrepreneur.
  • mmmwowmmm
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mmmwowmmm

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is what I see:

Error
Cannot connect to MySQL.

Seems a little "minimalist" for my taste. Interesting concept, though...

(just kidding, of course)
  • real_estate
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • real_estate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey the site seems good but the text looks to big.....
  • kasrak
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kasrak

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks guys. I'm just finishing up the messaging system today. I'll make a more detailed 'About' page or perhaps add on to the 'faq' page in the following days.

And sorry about the MySQL error, DreamHost keeps screwing me =(.
  • kasrak
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kasrak

Post 3+ Months Ago

Feature update! I finished the messaging system today. Check it out ([url=programmermeetdesigner.com]login[/url], click Inbox), and tell me what you think! And if you have time, send me a message; my username is kasrak.

Sorry for the downtime -- DreamHost keeps going down and taking my sites with it. If the situation does not improve, I'll purchase a cheap server and run the site from my house until a better alternative is found.

Thanks.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 21 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers