SITE REVIEW: project ahab oficial website

• fromalk
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • fromalk
  • Loc: alken

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello all,

I'd like to have this layout checked, it is a layout for the official website for my gamedesignstudio's first real project called Ahab. there allready a few pages online but I'm still working on it.
Now some background information: The game will be based on the half lifeĀ² engine that's why we use gordon in our layout, the game is in a bad atmosphere so we used some dark colors. However all the text should be decently visable.

Url: http://ahab.undreamedstudios.be

Also: we are still looking for some people who want to spell- and grammar check the website during the next 2 weeks if possible. We request a flawless knowledge of the English language. Please mail: fromalk@undreamedstudios.be

Thankx in advance
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Layout and Design:
I like the overall color scheme and design of the website. Including the progress bars indicating how much work has been completed in regards to specific areas of the project.

I know that only 10% of the storyline is complete, but when you have more done, you should inform the potential gamer who will visit this site more about what the project and 'mod' is about.

Spelling and Grammar Checks:

I don't know if this is purposeful. But the name of the company that produced this website and is working on the project is referred to as UnDreamedStudios in the home page of your site. However on the top bar above the navigation pane it says UndreamedStudios without the 'D' in bold. I don't know if this is purposeful, but it doesn't flow with the rest of the home page where all three letters of the Acronymn are Upper case and Bold. Just an FYI.

On the 'Ahab Home' information:
Quote:
Can you imagen yourselves in the world of today, the only difference is the greatest evil of all times never died.

'imagen' should be spelled as 'imagine.' And the first sentence of that paragraph should end in a '?'

The third or fourth paragraph down
Quote:
UnDreamedStudios is Belgium's youngest gamedevelopment 'studio', it was originally founded by fromalk and later on joined by Featherfoot & Alcatraz, our goal existst in gathering enough freelancers and place them - when they want it - in freelance projects giving them the opportunity to be discovered.

You have a lack of sentences and periods. You should replace the commas that are in there with periods, so that the sentence looks more like this:
Quote:
UnDreamedStudios is Belgium's youngest gamedevelopment 'studio'. It was originally founded by fromalk and later on joined by Featherfoot & Alcatraz. Our goal exists in gathering enough freelancers and placeing them - when they want it - in freelance projects giving them the opportunity to be discovered.

Also get rid of the 'But' in the next sentence.

This is all I have for now, but you may definately want to recheck all of your spelling and grammar.

Good job on the layout and design of the site. Looks nice!
[/b]
  • ace5p1d0r
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Heres my review:
1. Make the top navigation text mouseover to some color.
2. Make the whole site about 30 pixels shorter.
3. Change the main background to a lighter color.

I think thats it :)

Nice site
  • fromalk
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • fromalk
  • Loc: alken

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thankx for tehese comments.
I'll work on the lay-out asap , got a real problem hear now cause after last weeks crash the sliced psd file seems to be nowhere to be found :s... Hope I can find it somewhere anyhow!

For the language: thank you very much! I'll update it as soon as the layout is finished ;)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers