SITE REVIEW: Project Lazarus

• FiveseveN
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Nowhere

Post 3+ Months Ago

Project Lazarus is the 7th version of my personal presentation site.
I work mainly with Photoshop and Flash, so what can you expect?!

The site has been tweaked (1 update so far) and I think I'll soon add some of the sites I've designed to the portfolio. If there is anything else you think I should change, please let me know.

The link is http://fiveseven.xonedesign.org

(Feel free to look at http://xonedesign.org too, it's also designed by me but it won't be updated any time soon.)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow

Great flash skills.
Nice design and layout, I like the whole screws, plates, grunge mixed in, very nice work. Nice content

Quote:
REQUIRES FLASHPLAYER 6 AND
1024x768 SCREEN RESOLUTION

most peopel are on that resolution, and also, it looks fine in 800x600 also.

I have a issue, when you click the bottom buttons, the circle white ones, like "gallery"
they become unclickable to go to the other places, and you have click "BACK" button, and click the bottom buttons which you wish to go to, like, MISC, perhaps, make them clickable when viewing the catgories like gallery, so you can click them instead of going back..
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site is simply stunning. Way over my head in terms of skill-set! Give me a moment here while I wipe the drool off my chin...
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

o.O It takes time to load but the site is astounding.. Nice effects..
  • gladden
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • gladden

Post 3+ Months Ago

You are obviously brilliant flash artists! Personally I liked http://xonedesign.org/ better, the image of the lone tree and the sound is haunting.

Wow, the art is amazing.
  • FiveseveN
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you. The thing is I worked on the current version of xonedesign.org for a month or so while I only worked for 5 or 6 days on Project Lazarus. Well, it wouldn't have taken so long if I hadn't had to do a real model of that mechanical thing and take pics of it.
  • FiveseveN
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's it, 4 replies? I'd hate to think I've created a perfect website (apart from what Foxy said, which is not attainable, since it would mean remaking the whole site.)
  • Syber
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

very cool stuff. will you add sound?
  • FiveseveN
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

You know, I was thinking about adding sound, but 'till I find the good industrial clicks and clangs I need, that will have to wait.
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Fantastic display of flash skills here. Great job.

I would definitely consider using sound with it as mentioned in prior posts - it woud be the icing on the cake.

However, make sure the sound and sound effects fit the grungy, contemporary style you have going so that the visual and audio can present the idea that your in one environment.

Again, great job!
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

How about a little easier navigation??? And maybe widen the thing up a little so everything isn't so thin inside it.

I would definately go for some sound as well!

If you widen it up, put some better descriptions and such on the page with your porfolio. Also, if you have the art from your portfolio open in the same flash document it would be really nice. I didn't like the whole new window with ghetto next and previous buttons after you took the time to make the site look nice!
  • FiveseveN
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Weren't you the guy with "Bury the Fallen"? I'm sorry, usability, SEO, ease of navigation and such were not keywords in my mind when I made this site. I decided to focus on ONE element and so I have. "No comprmise" is the only rule I followed. 'tis not a site for the dumb, which I have no intent of having as clients.
And, I know... the other pages are not great, but I'll try to change them soon.
  • Techkid
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Techkid

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks good .....great display of flash skills, looks like you spent some time on it , good work

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers