SITE REVIEW: projectanswer.com

• projectanswer.com
  • projectanswer.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

New startup website for connecting freelancers with outsourced projects. I know there are other players in this game, but we think this market is going to explode over the next few years.

In any case, I'd appreciate any feedback/critiques (constructive or otherwise). Maybe if you could check out the following areas:

1. Register as a freelancer - is the form intuitive?
2. Do a project search, does the results page and the "details" page display information effectively?
3. Have I been consistent with color schemes, navigation metaphors, interfaces?

Thanks guys!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• heck0045
  • heck0045

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay. I registered.

1. The password field should be have the textmode set to password.
2. Instead of using maintainscrollpositiononpostback or whatever the variable is, I would highly recommend asp.net AJAX web extensions and the update panel for the skill and keyword building sections.

The search screen is intuitive, if a bit overwhelming at first. You may want to have one keyword textbox and boolean operators AND OR instead of five different boxes.

More importantly, how are you going to get a leg up on elance and all the others? It would require quite a marketing budet, I would guess.
  • projectanswer.com
  • projectanswer.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for taking it for a test drive!

I'll fix the password fields, and I've implemented AJAX update panels where you suggested (will go out in next production release).

Any other UI suggestions ?

By the way, we're not trying to go head-to-head with Elance and the likes. We are trying to get a different market of folks who don't want to have their entire project micromanaged through a website like Elance (all payments go through them, held in escrow, etc). We want to focus on connecting freelancers with projects, and then getting out of the way.

As a freelancer myself, websites like the Elance and others just get in the way once my bid is selected. Once the employer and myself can "break out" of having to use Elance and communicate directly and make payments directly, the whole process goes a lot smoother! So since I saw the need/benefit for a website that works like this, I decided to make one! Ok, enough marketing speak...

heck0045 wrote:
Okay. I registered.

1. The password field should be have the textmode set to password.
2. Instead of using maintainscrollpositiononpostback or whatever the variable is, I would highly recommend asp.net AJAX web extensions and the update panel for the skill and keyword building sections.

The search screen is intuitive, if a bit overwhelming at first. You may want to have one keyword textbox and boolean operators AND OR instead of five different boxes.

More importantly, how are you going to get a leg up on elance and all the others? It would require quite a marketing budet, I would guess.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers