SITE REVIEW: promatching.com

• alec985
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • alec985

Post 3+ Months Ago

My friend has been consulting for this online dating service. He has asked me to critique it. Well, I am not looking for a date, so I am not sure what to tell him ... lol. Can you give me positive and negative feedback for http://www.promatching.com/. It is a free online dating site that caters to all age groups. Any feedback on the design and colors? If you were looking to find a date on a dating site, what would you like to see there?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi alec,
Welcome to Ozzu. The color scheme is ok. Nothing that turns me off instantly as far as the design goes but page feels a little heavy to the right. Not that that is a problem just an observation.

I almost feel like the site is more targeted toward females. I am not sure why it could be the imagery, the use of the softer pastels, and the scripty font choice. Again not saying its bad just an observation.

Hope this helps.
  • alec985
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • alec985

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks CXLink. Appreciate your feedback. Do you think dating site should be targeted towards guys as well? Is it a good idea to use soft pastels on a dating site? Thanks again!
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I might not be the best judge of that since I haven't used one before, but there seems to be a thought process that says where there are females looking for males there will also be males. Just an observation.
  • alec985
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • alec985

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi CXLink, you might be right. I sent the feedback to my friend that I got from here. Guess what, you are right! He has reported the number of women registered members are increasing on this site as compared to male members.
  • artsandcrafts
  • Born
  • Born
  • artsandcrafts

Post 3+ Months Ago

HI alex,
I like your site.you use Soft colour.I agree with cxlink that the site is more targeted toward females.
  • bigtruckdude
  • bigtruckdude

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice work buddy. i like the colors. smooth!!
  • kamentoro
  • Born
  • Born
  • kamentoro

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice website,
i agree with CXlink, the site is more targeted toward females
  • karmadir
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • karmadir
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

I suggest you change the font of first paragraph in your website.

The font size is different in in first paragraph and when a person describe about his status.

For a good web design, font size must be same.
  • tecfl18
  • tecfl18
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the idea for this site. Interesting place to join :) The color is nice, but I think pink is what we usually think of if we talk about dating? :)
  • alec985
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • alec985

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have forwarded all your suggestions to my friend. I may post again after he has made a few suggested changes.
  • makemylink_1
  • Born
  • Born
  • makemylink_1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site looks clean and good. Color combination is also very good. My only suggestion is to remove some search field and take it in advance search.
  • alec985
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • alec985

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi makemylink_1, can you be more specific about which search fields can be moved to advance search? Thanks in advance.
  • mobius
  • mobius

Post 3+ Months Ago

The layout and colours are good for this type of site. The marriage photo might be a bit advanced for a dating site. The KISS attitude makes the intuitive aspect very good.
  • Blester
  • Blester

Post 3+ Months Ago

Homepage should be a little bit lighter. Too much graphics going on. Try to reduce the number of profiles to 5 etc or change its layout to horizontal direction like gallery view.
  • webcrate
  • Born
  • Born
  • webcrate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would change colouring of the site. It`s a little lifeless.
  • karmadir
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • karmadir
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

From a dating point of view, site is perfect. It covers all age groups which is very rare.
  • freelance
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great job
Very clean, and designed well

Good luck with your matching!
  • alec985
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • alec985

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the input guys. So, the site has been modified a lot, I guess. Will appreciate any feedback on the current design. TIA.
  • justin7542
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the site looks great. I agree that it does probably appeal to women more than men. That's probably not really a problem though
  • alec985
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • alec985

Post 3+ Months Ago

More changes were made to the front page of the site. Some features on the tab on top removed, but added on other pages. How does it look now? Do you think more changes should be made? If yes, where do you think?

TIA.
  • abiadodis
  • Born
  • Born
  • abiadodis

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its perfect in the way which it has been shown.. But according to the dating domain, the users will be very freaky and chunky people - So to attract them in your site, I guess you need to improve the colors and with more images in the top and little precise search would be helpful for you... It would be really excellent, if you worked in usability concerns in your website...

Thanks,
Abi
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
But according to the dating domain, the users will be very freaky and chunky people - So to attract them in your site, I guess you need to improve the colors

Precisely what color schemes are 'chunky' people more attracted to? It scares me that 'professionals' in our field have this state of mind.
  • abiadodis
  • Born
  • Born
  • abiadodis

Post 3+ Months Ago

UPSGuy wrote:
Quote:
But according to the dating domain, the users will be very freaky and chunky people - So to attract them in your site, I guess you need to improve the colors

Precisely what color schemes are 'chunky' people more attracted to? It scares me that 'professionals' in our field have this state of mind.

Hi dude,

Actually dating will be totally surrounded by light colors with pink spattering which gives the users to be in the same mood till he goes out of the site...
and more over, as a professional we should know the value of every particular domain :-) and we must satisfy the particular user market..!

Thanks,
Abi
Hire-Web-Developers
  • MichaelCar
  • MichaelCar

Post 3+ Months Ago

ProMatching.com

Great site buddy, I like the fact you can serve members without registering, an your front page is simplistic and easy to use, as well as not filled with advertisements.

Good job.
  • misaki_chii
  • Born
  • Born
  • misaki_chii

Post 3+ Months Ago

The top middle section breaks in Safari. After the Search Singles, all the rest of the content in that area flys to the right.

Other than that, looks good ^^
  • ruchiicoool
  • Born
  • Born
  • ruchiicoool

Post 3+ Months Ago

gud work keep it up ...... n please do review my site n leave feedback in PM my site is http://thenetinfo.com

thanx
  • Longclark
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Longclark

Post 46 days ago

Nice piece of work nothing wrong I can see but I have a question for you alec985 can I know who gave the idea to create such website or else you itself created such a website? Can I know?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 28 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers