SITE REVIEW: PS3 WEBSITE

• ps3pro
  • ps3pro

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all i have my website and am slowly building it up . I have put the forum on my homepage as i have noticed that the pages get indexed faster when new content is added.

Could you please give me some critisism about how it should look . Thanks and kind regards.

P.S What advertising should i go for as i dislike google ads

http://ps3pro.co.uk
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• hlx98007
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • hlx98007

Post 3+ Months Ago

It IS a great design of the template, though there is a pic URL fault, the URL is "http://www.call-of-duty-snipers.com/http://www.call-of-duty-snipers.com/http://www.call-of-duty-snipers.com/images/ravennuke76/ravennuke76s.png" beneath PS3Pro banner.

In Forum section, maybe you can move Old Articles to the left side, that makes the entire page shorten a bit.

Your forum title is "PS3 games , consoles , news , repairs , COD4 and COD6 clan forums oxford oxfordshire: ps3 games Forums" which is way too long. You may add a long banner logo or just a made-up word as your forum title. To advertise your forum, what name will be the best fit?

I overall have these suggestions, but I didn't research in depth. Sorry.
  • guppyman
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • guppyman

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, personally I think your site looks fantastic.

The overall black theme looks very stylish and hi-tech which is appropriate to the gaming theme.
  • ps3pro
  • ps3pro

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello and thanks for your replys but i'm really after criticism . Thanks
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

First think I notice is the Top banner or (header) if you will is not the total length of the page. I suggest making that the same width as the rest of your page.

The picture itself is a little the same as the one in the Main window, maybe take that one out and move your (about us or other info, what ever you have there posted there) up to the top of the window.

The login on the left. Is a little far. Especially if someone has a small screen resolution. Wont find it too easy. (not that anyone really has a small screen anymore, especially if they are a part of a gaming clan.. but for a guest maybe)

Also the Login and Register Links are under neath the top banner or header. Think about moving them closer to the Login Box. actually sorry forget that.. it is already there I didn't see it.. Well then in that case I suggest just Deleting the "Login" and "Register" links on the top banner.

Im personally not a big fan of the Forum on the Front Page. So I would just have a button like you already have on the top linking to the Forum. But again stressing that is a very personal opinion.

Otherwise for the rest I don't have any other criticism for you. Because the rest looks GREAT, very professional. Well Done Champ.
  • ps3pro
  • ps3pro

Post 3+ Months Ago

sycofi5h wrote:
First think I notice is the Top banner or (header) if you will is not the total length of the page. I suggest making that the same width as the rest of your page.

The picture itself is a little the same as the one in the Main window, maybe take that one out and move your (about us or other info, what ever you have there posted there) up to the top of the window.

The login on the left. Is a little far. Especially if someone has a small screen resolution. Wont find it too easy. (not that anyone really has a small screen anymore, especially if they are a part of a gaming clan.. but for a guest maybe)

Also the Login and Register Links are under neath the top banner or header. Think about moving them closer to the Login Box. actually sorry forget that.. it is already there I didn't see it.. Well then in that case I suggest just Deleting the "Login" and "Register" links on the top banner.

Im personally not a big fan of the Forum on the Front Page. So I would just have a button like you already have on the top linking to the Forum. But again stressing that is a very personal opinion.

Otherwise for the rest I don't have any other criticism for you. Because the rest looks GREAT, very professional. Well Done Champ.

Thankyou sycofish thats what i'm looking for . Whats your site and i'll review yours . Also you pointed out about my forum being on the homepage and i have found that they get indexed about 5 times faster than having a button like you say , so when my users post new news in there it gets indexed really quickly with google . Anyway thankyou very much for your time .

Kind regards from the ps3 pro team
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your welcome, unfortunately I dont have a website to be reviewed. I haven't really done web design for a few years now. I just logged on the other day and had a bit of a look around and thought I would just review one site. So your lucky it was you.

Anyway good luck with your site
  • krates
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • krates

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good: Nice site like the design
Bad: Takes a lots of time to load..
  • Mars
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Flordia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it a lot. Some of the images aren't loading though. I think even the submit one isn't loading.
  • itnewcomer
  • Born
  • Born
  • itnewcomer

Post 3+ Months Ago

Pros : - very good in design, i think black color for background its rigth if u have many picture on ur site...but if u have many text than picture ...black is bad idea...
- u only need ads to make ur trafic valuable
min : - the width parameter is to high to my resolution ... btw i am using 1024 x 768
  • ahmeTT
  • Born
  • Born
  • ahmeTT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love any kind of "dark" designs so loved that one too.
BUT..
in "our cod4 server" module, you may change blue font color ;)
and you may find a better logo. it seems just have a "outer glow" only :)
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with ahmeTT... your logo seems too much with that outer glow and the blue links disagree with my eyes... hard to read, I have to squint to be able to read what it says.

I recommend that you remove that forum from the home page and leave it to be at it's own page...

The left and right borders that could be seeing at the home page fail to load/show on the forum, your account (Login form for me) and downloads.

On the positive, the design is pretty good... I think that the black theme fits with the topic of your site... gaming.

Your're "Who's Online" box right now says
Quote:
There are currently, 0 guest(s) and 1 member(s) that are online.

You are an Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

I'm referring to the bolded character there... I'm not considered as a guest?

Also, your box labeled as "MySite" telling of how much your site is worth, the text there are too light... doesn't really show. I had to highlight it with my cursor to be able to read that.

W3 Validator found 857 Errors and 280 warning(s) on your homepage along. I suggest you fix them... maybe that would fix some of your issues on your site (Such as some images not loading). Validity also allows (in most cases) better browser compatibility and loading speed.

Good job on the most part of it... nice design.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers