SITE REVIEW: ptwebdev.com

• pteglia
  • pteglia
  • Loc: Port Townsend, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi All,

I am looking for some feedback on my site, http://ptwebdev.com.

The things I know:
1. Not compliant, I am working on that next, right now I am trying to get the look and feel done.
2. The Resources page is not styled the same. This I also know, I just activated that today, and will style it similar to the rest of the site.
3. The SEO is not done, not even started actually, but I really need suggestions on this part. I was just using this as my online portfolio for Elance and Guru, so I didn't really care about SEO, but I am now expanding and REALLY care about that now.

Aside from that, this site is is a Mambo CMS, with several PHP scripts thrown in the mix for good measure.

Thanks,

Pat
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Indulge
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Indulge
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very Very nice. I like it very much.
Very clean, straight but arty. Just one thing ...I viewed this in Firefox and saw that the colour of the logo on top differs just a tiny bit from the light green/grey background. Maybe you should check that.

But apart from that....Great Site and good job on the Logos :-)
  • Indulge
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Indulge

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh...I just saw something else...the link to the charleneteglia.com site is broken. It redirects me to microsoft.com because it can't be found. I'm sure you don't want that :-)
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

the header is a dif colour from the bg. like the site, very clear and concise, yet stylish. i think it might look a bit better however if the left nav spanned (or lined up with) the bottom AND tops of the page, or at least shorten the gap between the top of the page.
  • pteglia
  • pteglia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, took care of the broken link and moved the navbar up to 30px instead of 50px. I used to have a search box above the nav, and I forgot to re-align after I removed it.

Pat
  • pteglia
  • pteglia

Post 3+ Months Ago

And I fixed the color of the logo as well, for some reason, even though it was right in Photoshop, it was wrong when it got on the server. It should be right now however, looks right on my screen, and the Mac OSX Digital Color Meter says it is EBEBE2 all accross the board.

So anyone have any good suggestions for me for SEO?

Thanks for all your comments so far, very helpful!

Pat
  • Indulge
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Indulge

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hate to admit this, but even if my English is pretty good, I just don't know what "SEO" is. Please help me with that and I will see what I can do for you :-)
  • pteglia
  • pteglia

Post 3+ Months Ago

:) Search Engine Optimization
  • Indulge
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Indulge

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ah yes...thank you...
Well..I see you have a robots.txt....
that's about all. I really am not so good with SEO :oops: myself.
Always fighting to be found ...
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

SEO: i didnt know what it was myself for a little while lol (when i first heard it that is)
i like the nav bar moved up :D it makes all the empty spaces look equal sizes now. just noticed you've got text at the bottom of the page thats almost the same color as the page. what if you ended the content box and put that in black at the bottom?
  • mindcry
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mindcry

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the design and choice of colors. Nice websites and logos in the portfolio.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers