No, I've seen much better!
  •  
    No! You should quit this job!

SITE REVIEW: Quest Media

• questmedia
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quest Media is proud to announce the launch of http://www.QuestMedia.ro . http://www.QuestMedia.ro is a complex online news aggregator system that offers current information and latest events from all around the Globe.

Every day is a NEWs day!
This online news system we propose to your attention is the result of many months spent in web application developing and years of experience in news distribution. The result of such work is a system that delivers, every day, more than 2.000 news and articles structured in sections and categories such as Top Stories, World, US, Australia, New Zealand, Middle East, Asia, Business, Markets, Energy, Entertainment, Celebrities, Movies, Music, Television, Sports, IT & C, Internet Marketing, Software and others.

Language fiesta
http://www.QuestMedia.ro has integrated a real-time translation tool capable of translating in 9 different languages all the content of our news aggregator system. The tedious work paid of as we are proud to announce that we offer our system in: English, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese, Korean and Simplified Chinese.

Technological advanced
Since we started to work on this project we were aware of the difficulties of administrating such a large number of active content and more over the problems that our visitors will have managing this enormous amount of data. That is why we adapted an advanced Site Search capable of selecting the needed content the user is looking for.
We are offering our content also in XML/RSS format. With over 50 news we expect to satisfy even the most exigent needs of our visitors.

We invite you to take a look at our online news aggregator system at http://www.QuestMedia.ro . Please comment...bad reviews are always the best motivators. :D
  • Fix
  • Fix

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site except for, don't really like all the red and I really don't like that when you click on link it takes you to advertising page where you have to click on link again to read article, think that would piss most people off.

Nice site though, lots of info

Maybe try blue, not so annoying or mix it up a little

Fix
  • GLD
  • GLD

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree that all of the red can be a little har don the eyes, but I reall ylike the design.
Ads are nicely integrated (although PSAs show up). Needs a bit of colour though.
  • alexrentyn
  • alexrentyn

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, don't really like the red - harder to read - especially in the 'Play Video' and 'Download' strings of text.

Is this website aimed specifically at Romanians?
  • HPRlink
  • HPRlink

Post 3+ Months Ago

Backing up and emailing system mysqldata
Deleting backup file /home/questmed/public_html//media/22_07_2006.sql.gz
Are we debugging?
Killed at line 116 in sef404.php: HEADERS ALREADY SENT (200)
URL=http://www.questmedia.rooption=com_frontpage&Itemid=1:
OPTION=com_frontpage:

that is your site now !
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Finally after looking at a half dozen sites, the first one worthy of praise. Very nice. A professional look and I can't find a single thing I could say negative about it.
  • questmedia
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry people but we had some serious problems with our server provider. The site is now on and running well. Because we encountered server problems we couldn't make all the necessary tweaking.

We are working on a new set of colors and a user defined interface. We hope that by the end of the month we would release second version of the website.

We would like to thank you all who expressed your opinions, here and on other forums. It's been really helpful in designing the new outlook.

PS: for those wondering if this a romanian targeted website - no it isn't but since we are a romanian company we taught it will be a nice thing to promote the dot RO domains. In Romanian there are still very few .RO domains purchased even if it's a one time life investment. So...since you asked....go aquire a .RO domain for your website :D :idea:
  • questmedia
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks ATNO for your review. It is very rewarding for us to hear people talking like that about our work.
  • reciprocal_link
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • reciprocal_link
  • Loc: Bemidji, Minnesota

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site looks pretty nice.. If I had to make any comments it would be the feeds in red on the right. other than that wtg :)
  • recep
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • recep
  • Loc: www.loanus.info

Post 3+ Months Ago

GOOD JOB
  • cyberoptik
  • cyberoptik
  • Loc: IL.USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Site looks nice. The one thing that I noticed was at:

http://www.questmedia.ro/reuters/iraq-c ... people.htm

Since the link on the page is so long, for my browser it stretches out. You may want to make the link a text link, so instead of having "Read more at: link.com/asdasd" you could just have "Read more here." and link that to the article.

Ron
  • questmedia
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for bringing this bug to my attention. I tested that link with FireFox and I had a similar result. If you noticed this bug with other browsers please let me know. Thanks again. :D
  • bustya
  • bustya

Post 3+ Months Ago

Blue, instead of red, would make the text more readable for me.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers