SITE REVIEW: r0c0.com

• forumer147
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • forumer147

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would like to asked some people to review this site r0c0.com - Free Image Hosting. I do hope you can share inputs and more ideas on how to improve this one based on user usability and how to make it more user friendly. Thanks

http://www.r0c0.com/
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can't see the entire page. The top portion is cut off in Opera...The typography is kind of weak and the gradient is okay. Just so over-used. But it will work. Great start and good luck!
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

First impressions are that this website is kind of basic in terms of looks. No proper pictures, just colours and text. I can see the entire box, but that may have something with the fact that I have a resolution above the norm of 1024 x 768. The box itself rides a little low on the page - there is spare space above that could be utilized.

I do like the simplicity, but you really should have more than just blue, but not a kaleidoscope of colours.

The blue/white gradient inside the box where it says 'upload' is a little pointless, and also a little 'tacky', not going right to the edges and leaving an ugly white strip.

The way I would do it is just have the little box logo thing and the website name as the main header, then have the rest of the big blue text inside the box as dot points, a size larger than the rest of the text.

You seem to contradict yourself on the page in regards to size limits:

r0c0.com wrote:
Maximum File Size: 1 MB (1024KB)

And then this a little further down ...

r0c0.com wrote:
2 MB Maximum Upload File Size

It also lists "I agree to the terms of service" ... what exactly are the terms of service? They are nowhere to be seen ... this text should be a link to them, opening in a new tab or window.

You seem to have put the description of what your website does right at the bottom of the page where the footer usually is. This should be the absolute first thing in your little box!

You also should expand the title of the page, which shows up in the bar at the top. Include "Unlimited Uploads - No Registration Needed". Also, a favicon wouldn't go astray. This website here might help you with that.

Getting into the coding ... I know that you may not know HTML or CSS, but it's really easy to learn and way better than using WYSIWYG Web Builder. These programs often generate useless extra coding and in weird ways. I find Notepad2 indispensable.

Again, the quality of these WYSIWYG editors is reflected in the 15 HTML errors and 2 CSS errors.
  • cybox
  • Born
  • Born
  • cybox

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good luck forumer147, Your site is good.
  • paul8368
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • paul8368
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site isn't loading properly for me some of the content is not found please update it so that we can review it properly

Checked again 22/10/08 the header still says Web page cannot be found, maybe the source content is blocked for me.

Based on what I can see I don't really get why you have maximum file size in bold as 1 MB then a couple of lines below state 2 MB Maximum Upload File Size.

which one is correct?

Other than that I tested it out, the upload worked quickly and the linked tags are easy to use so it looks fine to me.

From a source persective you only have the title tag on the upload page you should add the keywords and description tags to get more traffic.

On the landing page you only have minimal content for keywords and description I would recommend adding more options like picture and pic as well as image and pictures on your keywords for example.

Paul
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

paul8368 wrote:
The site isn't loading properly for me some of the content is not found please update it so that we can review it properly

Loads fine for me. Perhaps a problem at your end.
  • Internetbox
  • Born
  • Born
  • Internetbox

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great website, but the information is not very friendly, add more design for be more attractive website.
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not sure if someone mentioned this already, but I am assuming those are zero's in the domain name... Personally I think that might get confusing to some people.
  • Malikwaqas
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Malikwaqas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice color combination..Good work
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Malikwaqas wrote:
Very nice color combination..Good work

LOL! There is exactly one colour on this website.
  • danceweb
  • danceweb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

I would reverse the background gradient so that the blue ends up on top . I agree about the URL being confusing. Where is a privacy policy or as said above, terms of service? I would want to know what rights you would attain to the images I upload.

Can't say how well the hosting itself works since there are no terms of service and I won't know what will happen to my images once I upload them.

Work on the design, getting a TOS, and privacy policy.

DW
  • Armaan143
  • Born
  • Born
  • Armaan143

Post 3+ Months Ago

Site is good but adding a better user interface will be better.
  • Idandone
  • Idandone

Post 3+ Months Ago

The design concept is good. I didn't link the title. remove the R0c0 - it's unnecessary. Use the action as title: "Upload a free file" or something like that. think as SEO expert. Good luck.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers