SITE REVIEW: RaiseAndShareaMillion.com

• frnet
  • frnet

Post 3+ Months Ago

Before you review my site, please know:

It is not a con site. I've contacted 6 charities and so far I've received a reply from Cancer Research UK only. There is some legal stuff involved that needs sorting before a charity can become associated. That goes at least for a major one, like Cancer Research UK. Hopefully, they will get involved eventually.
Also, if you want to say “ I don't know you and I am not giving you any money”, just think for a minute. Do you know of anyone else who gave away more than 50% of their yearly income? I am not a millionaire and I intend to start a much bigger and more sophisticated project after this one.

The site is: http://www.raiseandshareamillion.com/

So, please tell me:

What do you think of the idea?
How do you like the design?
What would you improve?

If you want to suggest a charity I should get in touch with, feel free to tell me. The project isn't restricted to UK only. Any country where PayPal can be used is welcome to take part.
  • ownskin

Post 3+ Months Ago

1) At milliondollarhomepage.com, if i put in $100, at least I will have a 10x10 pixels of ad area. But, what will I get for giving $ to your site ?

2) Your site will get $ from everyone who participate and then give back the $ to them. If let say you got 3 person who participate, $X + $Y + $Z = $A. How can you divide $A back to X, Y, Z and where X, Y, Z will get more than $X, $Y, $Z?

3) It is good that you involve charity. But I cannot see any proof in your site that you are really talking to them and will give the 25% to them. On top of that, if one really means to do good act for charity, they will not participate in this as only 25% of the money go to the one who need it.

4) Lastly, no con site will said that their site is a con site.

Good luck and wish you success.
  • frnet
  • frnet

Post 3+ Months Ago

You've killed me with your review, mate. I mean no disrespect and I value every review, but I would value it even more if you've actually read the site before you say anything in regard to its content.

1)If you donate whatever amount, you can upload a picture or your company logo into the “Hall of Fame” and the size will be 55x55 pixels. Even if you donate $1.

2)The rules clearly state how many participants will receive their share and how much their share will be.

3)Charities will share 25% divided equally among them and another 25% (actually a little bit more than that) will go to participants. Again, see the rules. By the way, how often does it happen that a regular person gives £250.000 to charities?
As for the proof I am really talking to charities: By tonight I will include the e-mail I received from Cancer Research UK in the status page.

4)If it was a con I would think twice before choosing a .com domain, because now my details are available to anyone via whois.
  • ownskin

Post 3+ Months Ago

1) How many 55x55 logo can you put in a page ?

2) I have not read the rule, but my logic is unless there will be someone getting less than what they put in, or else there will be no one able to get more than what they put in.

3) Of course, a regular person will seldom give charity £250.000 unless you are real rich. But your site need much much more than 1 person to participate to able to generate £250.000 for charity, and why these people don't just donate to charity straight and have their money 100% used by those who need.

4) There are ways to hide your identity even you use a .com.

Sorry, but these are just my thoughts. Maybe others have different view.
  • frnet
  • frnet

Post 3+ Months Ago

What more can I say?

What makes you think there is a restriction to the number of images?

You haven't read the rules, but your logic tells you....?

Why would anybody ever give money to people who raise funds instead of giving it directly to charity? That question is really something. Even if we omit the fact 34 participants will get some cash (most probably far more than they donated) back.

You must still be the little boy in the picture if you think that 100% of money given directly to charity will be used by those who need it. Every charity has people who run it and charities as well as businesses have expenses whether you like it or not.

Your reviews are not only non-constructive and off the place, they are also damaging and insulting since you keep suggesting the project is a con.

Whether it is possible to hide your details with .com or not is irrelevant. I didn't hide my identity because I don't feel the need to.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers