• wozza
  • Loc: Rare-Extreme

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

My site is called Rare-Extreme

www.rare-extreme.com

Its basically online coverage of the Microsoft 1st party developer Rare LTD

Its just celebrated its 4th birthday

R-E is a popular site, recording over 4.3 million hits in total.

Content wise the goes pretty deep into game coverage with walkthroughs, media and much more

any feed back is much appreciated
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• howyoudoit.com
  • howyoudoit.com
  • Loc: Tacoma, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, what a great header. I am sure you get a lot of comments on it, but it is probably one of the best I have seen.

I am not even close to being an expert on this stuff, but as a web user, the only thing I can say is when moused over your headings on the sidebars, I was disappointed that it did not take me to another page with another great header. (By disappointed, I don't really mean disappointed, but if you are looking for little things to tweak, that might be one.)

lk
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm impressed. I like that teal color. Perhaps some rollovers on the buttons at the top wouldn't hurt as I was almost expecting it.

Goo..no, great work!
  • Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: desk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Now that is a KILLER layout! Very professional and attractive. The teal is a perfect color for the rest of the layout. Content loads up quickly, all links work. Where'd you get the renders for the header?
  • wozza
  • wozza
  • Loc: Rare-Extreme

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for the kind comments!

I've thought about roll overs for some time but found that they piss more people off them please.
  • azza132
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • azza132
  • Loc: U.k

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have just visited your site and i like the layout you have used and i think the logo is catchy my negative points are that you not many links on your top navigation bar. Try adding more links and maybe a lil bit of java applet to your site and you are good .Overall a cool site thx |AzzA| :P
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

awesome site. i love what you did at the bottom. cool way to end the layout. the content of the site is really good.
  • stevegmag
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice design for a game site... probably wouldn't work for a big corporate client, but it looks good here...

not too much to note really...

I'd prefer to see layout handled with css and not tables....
Make sure your images are fully optimized....
Check it on different platforms and browsers, but it looks good in Mozilla and IE PC

Google PageRank: 5/10 pretty good...

SCORE!
  • quietside
  • Loc: TAMPA, FLORIDA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey the site was outta this world on the layout....

For the purposes of speed you have placed the right image file formats.... Yet I do not know what your current skill level is on FLASH development... But.. It would be nice to see some movement in the top Graphic.. since you are representing the gaming world....

If you are not flash proficient.. there is a program called SWISH that you might want to check out....

But my hat off to you on those files... very detailed.. very well structured... EYE APPEALING... and of course informative for the fellow gamers...

Ciao

Quietside :twisted:
  • veryhip
  • veryhip
  • Loc: Atlanta, GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Overall, it is very good... however, i can tell that if you scrapped it and totally redid it a time or two, you would get PERFECTION... i find that when I make something that meets my demands, but i want to keep making it better, i do. thus, the best recommendation i can give is to do it over exactly the same, but make it come alive... the colors aren't alive, but it has LOTS of potential...
  • swooshn
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • swooshn
  • Loc: college park

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site is most professional for a game site. I think rollovers with some sound on your navigation bar would make it more interesting. This is a game site, where's the bells and whistle's???

Graphics= A+

Teach some of your kung fu !!!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers