SITE REVIEW: RateBroadway.com

• desertland
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • desertland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Website URL: http://ratebroadway.com

This site probably won't be of any interest to most people on this board - it really only applies to people in (or around) New York City.

There are lots of sites (like nytimes.com) that review Broadway shows, but RateBroadway.com is only for "community" reviews of shows. The hope is that it will be like the "rotten tomatoes" of Broadway shows.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cool concept. I like the 3 column layout but there seems to be a lot of white space even with the light gray lined background. Because of that the main things that pull my attention is the logo (which has some grain to it) and the headers for each show (and the login button). You might want to bump up the container as well so you cant see the background and then hang the login and home tabs from the top just so it pushes more content above the fold.

Just some ideas. Hope they are helpful. Great job structuring all that content.
  • Vector
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you hosting the site from your home server? It was really slow for me. Anyway:

The link text is too dark, and i do not feel that it contrasts with the background enough.

The stars are too bright in contrast to the link text, and they dominate the page, and i mean the ENTIRE page.

You could try increasing your line spacing, to give more room in your text, and in your link lists.

You could try lightening the link lists background color.

You could try making the links a much lighter shade of the same color.

It may help to center the page; left align pages are kind of annoying to some people (ok, maybe just me...).

Good luck!

==Edit==
I just proof read my post, and it seems like i am being rude, but i am not; i just talk quickly and to the point. :D
  • Minefield
  • Minefield

Post 3+ Months Ago

The page is a bit too white. Maybe you need to make the background colour a bit darker.
  • bambosi
  • Loc: Indonesia

Post 3+ Months Ago

It have simple design but nice view :)
  • findme
  • Student
  • Student
  • findme

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is clean and simple. But the information about the site seems a bit less.
  • wahahaha
  • Born
  • Born
  • wahahaha

Post 3+ Months Ago

yah thissite is good

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers