SITE REVIEW: RateMyPokerFace.com

• egthareal
  • egthareal

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please help me review my site: http://www.RateMyPokerFace.com

This site is based on the HOTORNOT rating system, which I'm sure most people are familair with by now! Anywho, the script I purchased for this site is lacking in a couple departments which I know already:

Known Issues:
-The randomizer SUCKS (you see alot of the same images twice) . Hopefully this will solve itself as more users join-up.
-Rating doesn't appear for everyone after you rate them. It's a mystery issue, I have no idea why it happens and not a clue how to fix it. The company I buy script from offers no support :(

Other than that - what do you think of this simple site?

Any and all input is welcome - Thanks Much!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Mas Sehguh
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

How can a poker face be rated using only one picture? We'd have to see multiple faces of the same person when they have different poker hands.
  • Abelius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Which site are you trying to have reviewed?

partypokerx.com or ratemypokerface.com ? (Suggest you place a link in the post, apart of your sig)
  • egthareal
  • egthareal

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site to be reviewed is RateMyPokerFace.com , the partypokerx link is an affiliate based business, irrelevant to this topic.
  • noxealia
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Spring, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice design and site, but you need more faces man. Good Job :lol: .
  • egthareal
  • egthareal

Post 3+ Months Ago

Put your face up :)
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just dont feel the concept of this site. For one, Sam Hughes' comment, you cant rate a poker face without seeing a normal face first. Secondly, the pictures on your site are random pics, from random people, in random places. I think I saw maybe 2 poker pics. The majority of your pics just show stupid people in stupid situations. I almost question the legitimacy of your site from the content I saw. Anyway, design wise, you already know your problems, the randomness of the pics is rather predictable. I'm also not a fan of the frameset you're using, its un-necessary and it cuts off the content at the bottom. On the up and up, the content is clear and your navigation is great. One suggestion as to the character in your header on the right, it looks like he has poo on his head :wink: . Maybe edit that pic and make it a little more poker face'ish. Pop in your meta description/keywords tags and you're good.
  • hackrabbit
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hackrabbit
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, I always try to give a designer the benefit of the doubt.

1. I would NOT use frames. When someone is trying to navigate around your site, which by the way has little navigation links that are handy, you can get lost and frustrated if you don't have simple navigation links.

2. Your site could benefit from a simple interface, a column on the left or right with a php based links to random images pulled from your faces collected and a nice'r navigation system.

Good luck and have fun.
  • egthareal
  • egthareal

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ya, well i suck at PHP - so if anyone could tell me how I can throw a simple navigation menu into the mix that would be great -because I hate the frames too!
  • joostv
  • Born
  • Born
  • joostv

Post 3+ Months Ago

annoying banner at the bottom, nothing special about your design, but it is ok

i'd try something more flashy or modern

that might get you more visitors
  • egthareal
  • egthareal

Post 3+ Months Ago

On one hand I keep getting negative feedback - on the other I keep getting new sign ups. Not sure which one to listen to! Or, do I go with plan B: nakedchicksplayingpoker.com :)
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can help you out with editing the scripts so they don't mess up and fix the problem with nav and frames. Let me know if you are interested! (Probably only like $80-100 of work.)
  • nchoose
  • nchoose

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got a kick out of your site.

Had fun on your site, and if I played poker, I would submit a face LOL
  • gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Nippon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Man, I hardly ever give reviews, but.... great site. Distracted me enough with your cool content that I didn't even think to tear apart your code. lol. Didn't even look at the underlying html. lol. Great job.
  • thizzle
  • Born
  • Born
  • thizzle

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice layout, hope you do get lots of members
  • tomkuegler
  • tomkuegler

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice concept, but I really don't like the frames. i would build it in a manner that eliminates the frames.
  • egthareal
  • egthareal

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the positive comments - they make working hard worthwhile! :) Additionally, thought it was ironic that gsv2com made his 666th post in my thread - kinda scary! lol
  • gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Nippon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Woah boy! lol! SATAN LIVES ON THE WEB! lol

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers