SITE REVIEW: Raz-Sports.com/water.html

• razsports
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • razsports

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

For the past several months, I've been taking into consideration the input I have received. This input has come from sports fanatics and the folks
from ozzu.com(non-sports fans).

Anyway, I am turning my site more into content and CSS. I'd like for your input on my possible new home page. I've taken the past feedback and tried to design a new layout with what I did have.

Here is the page:

http://www.raz-sports.com/water.html
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• southerngurl
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • southerngurl
  • Loc: Arkansas

Post 3+ Months Ago

All the links at the top go to the same place. Had a hard time finding the forum.

You might make the bullet list on the front page even on both sides.
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

well It is ok I just find it very plain and not colourful enough. (not to many graphics either). Well as long as your website has a purpose it doesnt really matter about images. Just wondering are you planning to have your information just continue scrolling down the page of in box with its on scrollbar.

another small thing, I personally like colored scrollbar, if you want to try it.
  • razsports
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • razsports

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi syco,

Thanks for your input. What colors do you suggest? As for adding more graphics, well not everyone owns a fast internet service. The point of my site is not to be an all graphic type website. To many graphics would take away the point of the site.

As for your comment about content be scrolling down in box, what do you mean? I am developing this site using all CSS and would like to center all my pages, so they fit for all browsers.
  • razsports
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • razsports

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi southerngurl,

Thanks for your input. It is very much appreciated.

As for the links at the top taking to same place? Well, I have not added the proper links, yet. The page I posted here is the new home page I am working on. It is not actually up yet for the public to see.

As for your comment on the bullets. Good point :)
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Loc: George Mason University

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice to see a well done CSS page. I think the site colors are a little to "bland" though. Make the color a little more bright might help. But thats the point of making new layouts and seeing what you need to improve. Good job though, I do like it alot.
  • razsports
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • razsports

Post 3+ Months Ago

apsblackbelt2,

What colors do you suggest? I been playing around with different colors and well I hate yellow and black. Blue on blue would look bad, I think.

Some people think I should add another graphic or two. I worry about load time and cluttering site with all graphics. I was thinking of replacing the
bullets with small icons of sports figures I made. What do you think?
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Loc: George Mason University

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think adding at least one graphic would help your site actually. Just try it for a couple of days and see what people think. After all you never know until you try it. For now I gotta get to school, but when I get home Ill put the code save the images and mess with the colors for you if thats ok, all this on my site on a test page.
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h

Post 3+ Months Ago

razsports wrote:
as for your comment about content be scrolling down in box, what do you mean? I am developing this site using all CSS and would like to center all my pages, so they fit for all browsers.

OK I will give you an example
This is like what you have (Layout wise (Its VERY BASIC))
do you want the scrollbar to scroll the whole page down like this:
http://www.skizzers.org/sycofish/ozzu/scrolling.html

or like this:
http://www.skizzers.org/sycofish/ozzu/scrolling2.html

which scrollbar are you planning to use???
  • razsports
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • razsports

Post 3+ Months Ago

sycofi5h,

I really don't see a different other than the 2nd example you showed has
a grey like scroll bar. Not sure if it really matters?

With adding another graphic or two? Any suggestions cause I have my professional looking logo and the baseball diamond. The point of the site is not to show off all these graphics. Espn and Yahoo sports for example barely have any graphics at all.
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h

Post 3+ Months Ago

not wat i am saying sory i might have not made it clear. the question was How are you going to have the text on the website, are you just going to throw it all in and left the scrollbar continue scroll on the right hand side of the page like my Example "1"

or are you going to make a seperate box inside the table where you down have to scroll down the page but just the box like my Example "2".

_sycofish
  • hasnatme
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Post 3+ Months Ago

your header graphics need to be fix..I think there round box graphics are not so smooth and your page category links are bigger than the header title which is really looking odd to me...anyway better than before and you can fix them with littlebit css adjustment.

cheers!
  • razsports
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • razsports

Post 3+ Months Ago

"not wat i am saying sory i might have not made it clear. the question was How are you going to have the text on the website, are you just going to throw it all in and left the scrollbar continue scroll on the right hand side of the page like my Example "1"

or are you going to make a seperate box inside the table where you down have to scroll down the page but just the box like my Example "2".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi sycofish,

Sorry, I don't understand since I am not using tables. Just thrown it all in? Say what? It's all been designed using css and not thrown in. Come on now!
  • razsports
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • razsports

Post 3+ Months Ago

"your header graphics need to be fix..I think there round box graphics are not so smooth and your page category links are bigger than the header title which is really looking odd to me...anyway better than before and you can fix them with littlebit css adjustment."

hasnatme,

I am not sure what you mean by round box graphics.......This is the first ever I heard of this. Sorry, but they look fine to me. Keeping graphic as is.
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h

Post 3+ Months Ago

dont worry dude, i must be very bad at explaining things or i dont no.
  • razsports
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • razsports

Post 3+ Months Ago

sycofi5h,

I'm not mad or anything. Just not sure what you are trying to say about the scrolling or throwing into box.
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h

Post 3+ Months Ago

dont worry about it, it was nothing interesting
  • hasnatme
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Post 3+ Months Ago