SITE REVIEW: A Real Estate Site

• neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

My first actual business website, pretty much finished now (as far as they're concerned), although I've been tweaking little things here and their that catch my attention. I wish I could show a test admin login to check out all the backend, but I'm not sure they'd go for it :D

Anyways, any comments?

the site
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• katana
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like the layout and menus, i just can't help thinking it's a little too orange/gold. experiment - i think changing the background colour of the house info boxes to white would make the page a bit more readable and divide the page up better (the gold on gold doesn't make these boxes stand out as much as they could). just a thought.
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

i was skeptical of the gold myself at first; the page started in blue (at their request), then they wanted it red/white. so i did that. then some dude was like well this is stupid why did you do this our colours are gold and brown. so this is what he wanted. im gonna maybe try a few dif bg colours for those tables this weekend (when they aren't constantly looking at the site to update it!) and if it looks better than it'll stay! thanks for the input.
  • stevef
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • stevef
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I liked the colours

Loaded quickly, easy to navigate
I thought the small bold nav menus were too small

Nice Job!
  • kidonhigh
  • Loc: Russia, Orel

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice design, good colors. But plane on top looks blurry, IMO it would be better to use color photos there, maybe mix some in collage, or just put a banner. Or fix a plane, design already looks good.
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree - i like the design - but i'd think about using another image in place of the plane (just a better quality image)

Nice work :)
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

i changed the bg colour of the 'listing cells' on the main page as a test; white looked a bit weird, made the site look abit too much opened up. so i went with the other bg colour in the page. hows that look [katana] or anybody else? lol
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site design is overall pretty good. I would like to see some rollovers on the left menus just to make SOMETHING more interesting for the user as opposed to being occupied with all the gold in their face :wink:

Another suggestion would be to maybe space out your information in each of those boxes regarding the homes for sale.....seems kinda busy and pushed together....
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

what browser are you using? the rollovers work for me in IE and opera, not in firefox though. haven't tried anything else. as for the information, how is it crowded? font size etc, everythings looks fine to me, but trying to make it fine for everybody would be better :D
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

The gold is way to much dude!
  • katana
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey, i like it! I agree, the white would have probably been a bit to harsh, but it was just a suggestion. the colour you've picked works very well though, and IMO it makes the page that little bit earier to read and navigate round. The user can see instantly the separate areas of the page. well done. :D
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

truce: if you've read what i've posted above, you'll see that the GOLD HAD TO STAY BY CLIENTS REQUEST lol. :D
  • MrChico
  • MrChico

Post 3+ Months Ago

I liked the colors simply because they're different. One doesn't expect to see a site in gold.

The site is easy to understand, and easy to navigate.

I don't like the two-line hover effect though, when you pass your cursor over a link. I like it better when links change colors.

Other then that the site is very impressive. Good Job!

Paul
  • Beren
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Beren
  • Loc: Lost in Wilderland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm making realestate sites for years now... some of them topping 3.500.000 visitors a month. So maybe i can be of some advice in here. The site no doubt works... easy to navigate, easy to follow. YET... i really do not like the design. If you want to sell estates of some value, please take a designer under your arms and make this site look good. This site resembles to sites i saw almost 5 years ago.

Never ever use a logo that is blurry or cut out by an amateur... use fonts that are nice to the eye... step of this cheap oldfashioned bookdfonts. Keep typography clean and tidy... get rid of the overload on images. Images mean nothing to robots and spiders... fill the page with alt tags, speed it up, use css pages...

Any way... in my eyes... this is where i stood around five years ago.. hey we are now 2004. Please!
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

i thought the fonts were nice to the eye...they're crisp and clean. as for the logo, its their logo, only copy they have. i can't exactly change it. thx for the input tho. whats wrong with the design?

on a side note: on tollkienlibrary you spelled features feateres. ;)
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

just so ya know, site should load alot quicker now :D (incase it was a problem before)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers