SITE REVIEW: RealDN.com - Domain Discussions and Marketplace

• RealDN
  • Loc: US of A

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey everyone. I would like a review of my forum - http://www.realdn.com . We have rearranged much of the forum, and have added many features. We also use VBulletin as the forum software. Any suggestions or ideas are highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason F.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

Colours are okay , Although you should change the "hover" colour. The layout is not much impressive , i would suggest moving the welcome table to the top and statistics to the bottom and alighning the whole forum to the center. Similarly you can move partners to the bottom . Your forum that way would look a bit less crowded. Changing the banner wont be a bad idea either. Best of luck !
  • rosa84
  • Born
  • Born
  • rosa84

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with sana - the whole website is too crowded - maybe you shoul tighten the right table a little bit? And colors - hmm - looking as for me "childish":) Maybe something more "professional"? The same with logo...
  • yktan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • yktan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Agreed, the first screen looks too crowded. Maybe you can you make the menus on the right smaller? After all, the main content is in the left menu.
  • farmer_Tom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • farmer_Tom
  • Loc: Oaklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you could do with a linespace between the navigation and the start of the forums but I would also create a slogan to put next to your logo in the header. Make the right sidebar a bit narrower and center everything so that forums get most of the users' attention. Overall, your site looks very fun, just needs some organization.
  • RealDN
  • Loc: US of A

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for all of your suggestions. As for the moving of the welcome, and partners. I want to keep them at the right. I like that layout, because in my opinion it looks more professional. I was going to go with a custom based, everything change skin, but I decided I really liked the layout I have right now. As for the colors... I can mess around with them some more. I like them too, and so do the members.

When you say Childish? How is blue and gray childish? Basically before I change to a custom based skin, I want the forums to grow a little bit more. Posts are increasing, and members are joining, so when a certain milestone hits, we will make our move possibly.

Thanks for your suggestions, anymore are welcome!

Jason F.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers