SITE REVIEW: I really need more traffic to my site

• lugovinas
  • lugovinas
  • Loc: Jacksonville

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am desperate! I have read on the post question "I really need more traffic to my site" and have taken their suggestions for that site in consideration. But I still don't know what I'm doing wrong. I hardly have any traffic to my site. I just get so frustrated when people say they are getting visitors 500+ times a day. It has taken me a long time to get the site to the way it is today because I am not an expert in web designing and I have had to do this myself with little help.

Please check out my site and tell me what I need to change or what tricks am I missing out on. Maybe there is an important information that I missed out on. I know most of the people here are probably male, and my site is guided towards females, but Id like to hear your perspective.

Thanks in advanced for your advice.

//link temporarily removed.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,

FYI: If everyone who claimed to be getting 500 unique visitors per day was telling the truth - they'd still be lying :roll: :wink:

There's many things you can do but from an SEO perspective starting with your site itself, I suspect you're using a wordpress blog :?: In which case you need to start using 'pretty URLs'.

EG: your url's look like http://www.todaysmother.net/?m=200711 and contain no information as to the content of the post itself. Google can't derive any useful information from the url. Now take a look at a wordpress blog belonging to a friend http://matt-beedle.com/2007/03/27/black-hat-seo-the-easy-option/. It's an article on 'iffy SEO techniques' known as black-hat and its reflected in the URL black-hat-seo-the-easy-option. Google can derive keywords and better determine the content of the page by reading the URL.

Secondly, and very importantly are backward links. You have absolutely no page-ranking. A rather ugly method Google use to determine how highly you rank in their search engine. You must start to submit your domain to the various web directories out there. Web directories theorectically inspect every website submitted to their directory for quality purposes. As google spiders these directories and finds a link to your website they will increase your page-ranking and therefore you'll appear higher up their search-engine listing. I recently submitted new domain to over 50 different web directories over a 4 week period, a laborious background task :?

Hope that helps, Rome wasn't built in a night.

Goodluck.

Cheers, Prime ... :D
  • vvxiao
  • vvxiao

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi, i have the same problem with lugovinas, thank you Prime

my site's page-ranking is almost 2 or 3. now the daily traffic is more than 1000. help me to check up what strategy should i do to increase the traffic! hope u help me. my website is http://www.sourcingmap.com :)
  • KAMOTEQ
  • Born
  • Born
  • KAMOTEQ
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you have something that interest people people come... and it has a multiplier effect too... If I'm a mother;

WHY WOULD I VISIT YOUR SITE? WHAT WILL I GET FROM IT? ...

My impression is: Your telling people who are bored to go seek videos at 'youtube'.. there's not much information in your site anyway.

WHY NOT TAP and MAKE LINKAGES other MOTHER's ORGANIZATIONS

Ex:
Mothers Problem/Issue Solutions of Mother from other Countries
Cooking recepies of mothers all over the world
Children Parenting all over the world ... etc.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, it's all about the way you setup your site. If it looks messy people aint going to stay.
  • j4eorg
  • Born
  • Born
  • j4eorg

Post 3+ Months Ago

digg some articles that may help you bring some traffic
  • lugovinas
  • lugovinas
  • Loc: Jacksonville

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you guys so much for all your help.
Prime-I am using wordpress and I tried changing to prettier URL's but after I did it it destroyed the link to the page I guess because I had already published it. I think Im going to have to republish all the articles.

KAMOTEQ- I do have a mother issue/problem solve page called "Ask Todays mother" / Maybe I need to change the name of it and focus a little more on that?

-I am also working on something about cooking and recipes but am not sure how to go about it.

I also have links to family hot-lines.

I only have two youtube videos and just because they were super funny and about mothers and it is supposed to make mothers laugh. Since they are recent, you can really tell they are there. Maybe I should steer away from that.// Should I change the complete layout of the page?
  • efixer1000
  • Loc: USA - Arizona

Post 3+ Months Ago

In terms of SEO, I suggest that you examine what keywords you expect visitors to use to get to your website on a search engine. After you determine this, work on infusing those keywords, into your meta tags, bulk of your website text left navigation, footer and top navigation.

Then after this is done, write articles (or hire someone to do it) and submit them everywhere. Also you may want to digg some of your articles.

Don't expect results over night. Getting noticed is difficult, but if you offer something that others don't, then you'll win the game!

G
  • shmageki
  • shmageki
  • Loc: Portland, ME

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,

Forget about SEO. Make your content exciting enough that people WANT to see it, then syndicate it using RSS or Atom, and submit your syndication feed to the popular online feed readers. Drum up some interest in your site by adding it to Digg and other public bookmarking tools. Connect to YouTube and Flicker and other searchable media sites.

Search results are a thing of the past, unless you're extremely determined (or you hire someone), or you occupy a solid niche in the market. Turn to Web 2.0 strategies for faster content propagation. If you have a site that people want to see and you keep it fresh, syndication will bring you the most traffic.

D
  • tbl
  • tbl

Post 3+ Months Ago

Submit your site to genre specific topsites. Social Bookmarking also helps quite a bit (especially StumbleUpon). And of course, most important your site must provide something people want and if your site isn't unique, it has to be of such a standard that it will stand out.
  • blackhatbook
  • blackhatbook

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've heard it a thousand times, people complaining that nobody goes to their website,, the most common cause is nobody else is linking to your website so promote it ! Free directories, Dmoz, Yahoo have you submitted it ? Make a press release, add it to social bookmarks, have content that people want to link to,
  • Guy who knows things
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Guy who knows things
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Write some short articles about your site's content and submit to Ezinearticles.com. Also Scribd.com is another one I use. Just do a google search for free article directories to submit to, there are tons of them.

;)
  • tasameem
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tasameem

Post 3+ Months Ago

check out this page it may gives you some ideas about how you can get more traffic to your site

http://www.tasameem.net/store/free-traffic-tips.html

I hope it will help you
  • alex0811
  • alex0811

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have submit my site to some directories, when my site is newly found.

http://www.joeant.com
http://www.gimpsy.com
http://www.g2links.com
http://www.illumirate.com

I thinks they are useful.
  • Mightymule
  • Born
  • Born
  • Mightymule
  • Loc: London

Post 3+ Months Ago

So much good information above. I have recently been trying to increase traffic to my site and unless you know what your doing there are so many traps. Iv been told lots of do's and dont's because google may not like what you do!

1. Submit to all free directories
2. Write Articles
3. Press Release

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers