• Loc: philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please review my site
Lutong Pinoy
  • delstu
  • delstu
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your website does not fit my laptop monitor - too wide, too many columns.

Google ads in the header - no one will pay attention to banners in header - better used elsewhere. See nielson's website for a heat map of viewer habits.

What is the video about? Can't tell by looking at the screen presentation.

Your home page has nothing to introduce your site to visitors, just a listing of recent posts. What will I find on your site, how will I benefit from your site, why should I explore further? Who, what, when, where, why and how.
  • Himalayan
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Remove blank space from bottom
Many Google ads on website
No proper navigation
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Spring Hill, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is full of great information, and looks tastey at that. I'm hungry too. I'm also hungarian. Anyways, I like it but your statistics don't look too swell. It appears like you lack traffic to the site. I would suggest submitting links to your site on other sites that accept link submission such as forums, blogs, and backlinking sites (not link farms or faa') that are higher in statistical value than your site. By doing this, you'll see a decent increase in traffic and beef up that credibility factor that is associated with website statistics.
  • Loky
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm... I guess you have too many articles on the first page. Also the RSS icon above the search box is not working. It should led you to your site feed i think.
...and, i know google allow you to use 3 adds on the same page at max...but for the start...for a your site i think that's too much. I'd keep the layout to 3 columns and make the middle one (the content) wider.

Cheers.
  • danielcoleman
  • danielcoleman

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had trouble reading some of the recipe names. Maybe you could put a translation into the language of your target audience under the difficult ones.
  • blueberry62
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • blueberry62

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site seems to have some great recipes but people are visual when it comes to food recipes. Especially when the food is not something they are familiar with. You really need photos attached to the recipes.
Your template is very bland. The colors should be more vivid.

diths802 wrote:
Please review my site
Lutong Pinoy
  • active44
  • active44

Post 3+ Months Ago

the recipes are quite good, but I think that you could improve a few things.
for example video materials are very good - here an example http://www.videojug.com/tag/food-and-drink it's always useful when you can see how to cook, not only read.
in your navigation you could include something like most popular recipes, or most commented recipes etc. that way when I'm not sure what I want to eat, I can check what's good and what's not.

hope this helps you
  • BargainPred
  • BargainPred

Post 3+ Months Ago

Contraey to a lot of recipe sites it looks very professional

Everything blends very well together...

But I think the adds between the title and recipes make's it hard to locate the recipe itself

Also I would have liked some pictures to go with recipes
  • FhelZone
  • FhelZone

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hehehe pinoy ka rin lol.....
I'm just new in this forums, anyway, the site is filled with some useful contents that the visitors may read and be interested to go deeper the site. The only thing that bothers me too is the 4 column layout, it is quite too big.
  • pacboy
  • Born
  • Born
  • pacboy

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is too white. What I like most is your header.
Your site is full of info but is very difficult to read.
  • pinnacle
  • Born
  • Born
  • pinnacle

Post 3+ Months Ago

Site has lot of great information. But too much of ads.
  • Larrycleve1
  • Larrycleve1

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like your site. It is very informative. The recipes look good and are getting me hungry. I like the video on the bottom though could there be a way not to have it start automatically? I also wonder is your site just informative or are you a business selling a product? Good luck!
  • DaveEj
  • Born
  • Born
  • DaveEj

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there,

Lots of interesting recipes. I might have a go at one or two of them myself!!
There is a lot of information to digest on your home page. The recipes seem to go on forever. Maybe the addition of a second page or more to split the recipes up into different catergories might be good.

At first glance its difficult to make out what the site is all about. Is it ads by google? It should be easier for the user to grasp whats going on in your site.
In my opinion, if you are trying to promote your recipes on this site, it should be more defined. You could try using different text colours and different background colours for the main body of text.

Some great cooking tips that I will use myself in the future. All in all a good site, information wise. Maybe the ads in the site could be restructured to bring more focus to LUTONG PINOY RECIPE.
  • sbrown2009
  • sbrown2009

Post 3+ Months Ago

navigation is really off..color scheme is also a bit off putting,.
  • Alekseo
  • Alekseo

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like how you have stacked ads and widgets to fill the site nicely. But the auto start video at the bottom is horrible. I didnt know where the loud sound came from untill i finally found that ****.
  • tekilaboy
  • tekilaboy

Post 3+ Months Ago

dude, too much ads on the front page, i think you should reduce a bit and place on more relevant places. anyway, i see you've got some good content here
  • domenigo74
  • Born
  • Born
  • domenigo74

Post 3+ Months Ago

the bandwidth is too long i saw on my Firefox browser and i thing needs to work a little bit on it.But in general looks great
  • indyonline
  • indyonline
  • Loc: Indianapolis

Post 3+ Months Ago

The page is a little too wide. I think this id do to the Vertical adsense ad on the left side. I would recommend removing that and adding it into one of the boxes that are on the left side of the page and blend in the colors to match. Blending the ads will get you more clicks. Also I would try to blend the top left 468 ad a little better. Maybe change to an image only ad since the colors in the header fade into each other and you will not be able to match it. Other then that I think it looks good.
Good luck with your site.
  • suraja
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • suraja

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love recipe :)

Your layout too wide here at my 1-24 monitor resolution. Overall, looks good
  • wre2wre
  • wre2wre

Post 3+ Months Ago

like your webpage
  • BillSmith

Post 3+ Months Ago

I saw your title all is capital , in my opinion this is not convenient to read .

It's better for the following vidio not to auto-play, It give me a scare.

I hope my suggestion is useful for you.
  • arismawan
  • arismawan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you use too wide layout. some of information on the right side have to be scrolled first to view.
  • justin7542
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its really unorganized, and I believe there is probably too many columns. You might cut back to just 3 columns and sort out the content on separate pages.
  • deltree
  • Born
  • Born
  • deltree

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the sites information but it seems cluttered to me.
The header needs some pizazz...something to make it own the site.
Way too many Ads. The page needs to be resized or centered.
The page didn't seem to finish loading...
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

if I were making a recipe site I would make it in warm, domestic colors (green, red, orange, yellow, and generally a warm feel) and I'd certainly include pictures of food - if not with every recipe then at least somewhere on the page. your current layout says to me 'I am selling car parts'. as blueberry said above, people are visual when it comes to food. maybe this could give some inspiration?
  • tannas
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

First impression I got was this site is ad heavy. I couldn't see past all of the ads to the content. Also there is too many columns. It makes it difficult to see what the site is about. Too much going on. Try to simplify it.
  • armin3d
  • armin3d

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice wordpress site.
just google ads. you need to remove google ads in Pages column. and remove google ads in left or move to sponsor column.
  • Gertruman
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Gertruman

Post 3+ Months Ago

No proper navigation....
  • ayelletkod
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ayelletkod

Post 3+ Months Ago

it was too wide to my screen. also text is too small and too many columns.. lokks like you tried to put a lot of info on homepage. info is interesting and well written but get lost in difficult navigation...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 35 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers