SITE REVIEW: Rent2-U.com

• ominer
  • ominer

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys and gals, I was wondering if I could get some feedback on my website. I'm working on it still . Will be done next week so if i could get u guys to play around with it if you could and give honest feedback. Its an rental classified type of site. Also there are some rental properties to search for but not alot remember opening is next week.

http://71.249.238.130:2525/rent2-u/php/index.php

Thanks
Orlando

Rent2-U.com, LLC

by the way these things i know i have to do

- i do have a domain already to go
- i will get a home page( just saw that today)
  • ominer
  • ominer

Post 3+ Months Ago

please help me out guys
  • ace5p1d0r
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

My review:

1. The mouseover images for the navigation at the top are JPEGS and have very low image quality. Save them as .gifs in Photoshop.
2. If the domain is Rent2-U.com I dont like it very much. Bit complicated.
3. The pink striped background does not go wit the green layout.

Ok Site :)
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I really like the way the site looks, but it lasted about 2 seconds until it forced me to enter an email address.

I think there are serious issues with the flow of the site.

I selected "Las Vegas", then clicked View Listings, and it said "Please enter your email".

Then I immediatly closed the window. 2 seconds flat.

This is good - it will be really low bandwidth as nobody will ever see page 2. Some people may not even stay long enough for all the images to download. You may even be able to make a standard for "websites people visit and immediatly leave within 1.2 seconds".

No seriously, I don't think anybody will enter their email. They will all enter fake emails (sdjsdjsdjfsfl), then they are promted for "Please enter a VALID email", at which point you will lose more people.

So then they will enter f$ckyou@f$ckyou.com. Then they are asked for a password. Which they don't have, more will close the wondow, not realizing they are actually being asked to create a password.

Lastly, they make a fake account, enter a password, and they are finally taken to "$100 reward" ad.

Hmm...

If I was to do it, I would start at the searchRentalController.php page, with all the options. It should not be the destination. The person comes to the site, can find something straight away.

If you want them to make account, do it on the 3rd search. Don't destroy their interest level before you even get them into it.

My 2 cents, and 2 seconds...

JM
  • Unfused
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: UNFUSED.NET

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmmm..

The above link doesn't work so tried to enter rent2u.com and was redirected to the .net which has no content so i couldn't review it.
  • ominer
  • ominer

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks guys and gals great feedback> i would love to hear more feedback. hope i get more

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers