SITE REVIEW: REVIEWSANDSUCH

• reviewsandsuch
  • reviewsandsuch

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey!

so i've built this site and really don't know what else to do with it but to add content, but before I dedicate myself to fully that I would really like to know what you guys would really like to see the website to be improved with..

Please let me know, and be harsh.. I can take it :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

And how about a link to the site, because I can be harsh without a link but I think that's just unecessary ... is it http://www.reviewsandsuch.com ?
  • reviewsandsuch
  • reviewsandsuch

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah thats the name of the site.
  • Mativenga
  • Mativenga

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is too dull, adding some bright images might help it become more appealing

sorry man not very good
  • contact7
  • Loc: warsaw, poland

Post 3+ Months Ago

The graphic on top is good, but you can use a photoshop filter to change the color for all the graphics you use (could be orange, not graphite).

The reviewed titles can be few times bigger, I recommend the font-family: 'palatino linotype','tre buchet ms','times new roman'; it looks stylish.

The "reviews and such" title can also be bigger (generally, it's good to have less things on the site, only bigger ;)

You don't need to write "Site navigation", people will know it anyway.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I love the header image ...

The following image comes from Internet Explorer 7
In the red block the images are missing from your server or something, and I have refreshed a few times trying to make them load ...

In the green block is supposed to be your site navigation, but I also don't see anything even after a few refreshes ... It works in firefox though, but I'm using IE7 and it doesn't work ...

In the blue block you can see that the line there is broken, but on the right hand side the line goes straight through ...

The following image is in Firefox ...
As you can see the line on the left hand side is still "broken" where it isn't on the right hand side ...

As you can see, my mouse was rolled over "Need a Job?" ... why does everything come up twice in the menu when it is rolled over, it seems a bit confusing ...

Then moving away from the screenshots ...

please check the w3c validation errors on your page after you have added a DOCTYPE ... check them here

Also maybe on each page you should disable the rollover link of the page that the user is on, for example if a user is on the "history" page, the "history" link should be disable and another colour maybe ...

When I click on the "pictures" link I get a blank page ... the link shown there is http://www.reviewsandsuch.com/gallery/
  • lorinnicole

Post 3+ Months Ago

i would say it needs more color in it too. And basicall you just need to get more done to it, theres not much there right now. But its a good start.
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

It was too dark, and also like righteous said the navMenus is messed up, also even if FF the link doubles with text which is kind of annoying
  • pearl5
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pearl5

Post 3+ Months Ago

too dull, bright images might help it become more appealing
  • Fabinator
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Fabinator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like righteous_trespasser , the whole site is messed up in IE even in IE7 and that's no good since most of the people are using Internet Explorer.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers