SITE REVIEW: Revising tntblowout.com

• Roxy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello all,

starting redo my current site this is the old site http://www.tntblowout.com/indexold.htm

here is the link to the new

http://www.tntblowout.com/
let me know what you think or what can be approved.

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your design is frickin' awesome! Very cool. With that being said, some thoughts! I'm not too sure about the red rollover you have for the menu, it comes off blured and hard to read. The reason I dont really care as much is because its the rollover image and not the main image, so it doesnt really matter if its read-able or not. If you're a picky designer, I would make the rollover more crisp, if not, whatever! The colors themselves all go together really well.

The forums, again, designed great! Make a link back to the homepage, I didnt find one. Or if you're up the challenge, try and blend in your menu from the index onto that page and keep a similar theme. The forums themselves look great, so no real comments there.

The members list, for now, is short. But in the future, you may want to start making about 4 or 5 columns and putting the members there, coz as the list gets bigger and bigger, the way you have it now, you'll have to scroll a LONG way down to see all the users.

The application form caught me off guard. No design put into it at all! Either open that up in a new window or put some design into it. Your site comes off very professional, so that was a bit of a step back.

The photos, again, you need a link back to the homepage. The rest? Marvelous!

The other pages looked fine. The only other one was the stats page that just didnt look like it came from your site, no design or anything put into it. Also, again, didnt have a link back your page. Try and make that page open in the same page as the index like the links, downloads and matches section.

The one thing I'd say your site is missing is like an about page, what your site offers and what your plans are for the site. Throughout the site, I didnt really find a description of what it is. Obviously a gamer site and anyone who knows gaming will probably pick up on what the site is about. But its always nice to pop a description in. Also, I'm not sure if its just because its in the design stage, but your home link is to C:\\something or the other, so you'll need to adjust that. And make sure you keep consistent with your title tags. Also put in your meta description/content tags. The design is awesome, the scheme is awesome, the quality is awesome. Well done.
  • Roxy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks i just made it live last night, and thanks for all your comments you are right about all of them - having a bit of a problem with that members page splitting the cell but still working on that - thanks for all your comments you caught some things i wouldnt have.

also the red rollovers didnt come out as planned probably be redooing thoes hard to read when rolled over.

I did just fix the app form put it on a matching page and thanks about the home link didnt even realize that DOH!!!

Thanks for the input
  • Sariki
  • Born
  • Born
  • Sariki

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow o.0 i love this fricken site and you play CS source :) yayayayayayayayayaya hehehe well i might have to join good job i love the layout and your forums are pretty cool as well
  • Bobbo171
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Bobbo171

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like the layout and colors, my only suggestion is that you could lose like 50-75px off of the left side of the site, it seems like too much empty space, and kinda throws your eyes off of the content area of the site.
  • eggs-in-wisconsin
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh wow, sweet gui.
Love the 3d look.
Great color combo.
I see what was meant about the mouse over in the menu.
Maybe add a slight outer glow, to make the red stand out a little bit.
I think the only other thing I'd do differently would be to add a little, thin(very thin) bar to each side of the layout, to frame it in.
It should match the silver parts.

Nice work!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers