SITE REVIEW: Rob's Lair

• Hacker007
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Riverside, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, I made this for a guy i met over the net. Its the second 'site' I have made. I usually make templates or just a page. Anyways I just wanted to see what you think.

http://robslair.sizzly.com
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

its a nice clear layout, although I'm not sure about the green and blue.

There's a few glitches to do with the fluidity:

The top links, on smaller screens, overlap the picture, and become unreadable when over the guy in armour.Its ok you've got a bigger screen if not then you're buggered!

As you resize the window the center-left column jumps up and down all over the place! I have no idea why this is lol. I would personnally have moved the text up a bit on those center columns.

Strangely the "create an account" link just takes you to the front page of the forum :? If the account is just for the forum I would leave it off the main site.

All in all, quite a nice site :)
  • jubilaki
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok just wondering why the front page is totaly diferent to the rest of the site???

the only way i can see the Reviews page is to hover over it unless i hover over it i cant see it

for the rest the site looks good i like the green with the blue it looks good
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not a bad site, given that it is something he needs to easily be able to update I think it works well, I did get a few 404 errors on the community links but other than that its a nice simple site
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't like the green and blue but if you want to keep it try changing the font that is on the blue to white text so you can read it clearer. Like you have on the login box.

Also...the top text menu moves over the banner when you resize the window. It makes it hard to read.
  • favouritelink
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: seattle

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Just a small tip.

Maybe you should chang the footer so that it looks the same (or almost the same and the same color offcourse) As the header. I also found that Chat and shout box are the page its better to call the links the same.
  • s][ren
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Lehigh Valley

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with nixing the green and blue.

also the scrolling bars are wierd yellows and they don't go with the scheme.

Other than colors clashing I like the layout.

:)
  • bkummer
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Butler, Pennsylvania

Post 3+ Months Ago

This isn't a bad layout, you have an eye catcher in the middle of the page. The page isn't dark and hard to read but, the colors do they really go together?

couple of broken links:

Clans---i get nothing but a Forbidden 403 error when i attempt to review any of them

OrionTown under Top Partners throws up pop up windows. When visiting their site. This is annoying! I can't stand anything worse than pop ups.

Gamer's World: You need to reload the page. You have a broken link.

Thanks for sharing! :lol:
  • bkummer
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Butler, Pennsylvania

Post 3+ Months Ago

This isn't a bad layout, you have an eye catcher in the middle of the page. The page isn't dark and hard to read but, the colors do they really go together?

couple of broken links:

Clans---i get nothing but a Forbidden 403 error when i attempt to review any of them

OrionTown under Top Partners throws up pop up windows. When visiting their site. This is annoying! I can't stand anything worse than pop ups.

Gamer's World: You need to reload the page. You have a broken link.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers