SITE REVIEW: Go Rocket Hostlng

• Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11
  • Loc: Southampton - UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello All,

Well i been approached by someone who has asked me to design them a site. There site is to do with webhosting and in order for me designing the site i get free webhosting! (woohoo!)

Anyway this is gonna be something to go into my portfolio and i have also got another project coming up

Anyway the URL of the site is - http://www.rockethost.wedding-designs.co.uk it is just on there temporary.

Could you let me know what you think of the design. I have only done the home page but you can get an idea of what will be on the other pages.

Cheers

Tone
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good to see you're hard work is starting to pay off :D

It's looking good, although I'm not sure about the rocket you have used, it looks a little too cartoony to me (I think just the flame)

You know this one is coming: text in images is bad - especially when it's a basic sans serif font grrrr! In particular the links, but also those package panels at the bottom - I know the font is not sans-serif there, but I'm finding it a little difficult to read - my glasses are at home today though :roll: I'm just wondering if the 30kB for each image is worth it? Especiall when there will probably be high keyword density in those areas.

Also nested tables, you know my feelings on this, if you can't ditch the tables completely, try to keep it to a single table, maybe two.

You have a couple of validation errors:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... index.html

I would remove that big chunk of white at the top of the page, which will make more of the text visible on smaller resolutions.

I got a little confused by the "have whatever here" I though that was a slogan or something (you can put anything you want on our servers, or something) :roll: need coffee.

Overall it's looking nice, keep up the good work :D
  • Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11
  • Loc: Southampton - UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL, well the button text is not in my control and is caused by my WYSIWG.

The "have what ever you want here" is to show the customer that he could have his slogan etc.

I understand what you mean about the hosting options at the bottom. I thought it was quite large file size and i think i might consider doing something different.

That white bit at the top is annoying and i dont know how to get rid of it, i will have to have a look at it 2nite when i get home. Thanks for your comments

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers