SITE REVIEW: Rockout Networks

• rockout
  • rockout
  • Loc: Rock.profusehost.net

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://rock.profusehost.net

looking for reveiws on all nonmember pages and if you join the forum (made from scratch) and chatroom (also self made)

its all php/css
  • camp185
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Jose, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have several different fonts, and designs going on here. You need to bring it all togeter, and make it look like it was created by one person. Try CSS.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://rock.profusehost.net/?L=forum.topic&topid=56

When trying to access this page in ff current version I got this (as non-member) -- not good

http://www.atnoproductions.com/ozzu/cap.jpg
  • rockout
  • rockout
  • Loc: Rock.profusehost.net

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes... forum is stricktly members only
Its fine, it gets rid of leeches just reading content and leaving.
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes, however you might be able to draw more people in to register if they get a taste of what actually goes on in the forums. the registering to find out is tedious.
  • pannas
  • pannas

Post 3+ Months Ago

there are some nasty differences between firefox and ie visualizations.

that's what I see : firefox - explorer

As camp185 pointed out there are too many different styles and a huge use of tables ... maybe it's time to work more in css ;)
I also don't understand that piece of image repeated in every page (I mean the header image ..it's always repeated in every page but it also misses one piece of it)
  • om
  • om
  • Loc: Bangkok/Thailand

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have so many features and apps on your site, although i would not like to surf more and register.

Only reason is design, i feel please restucture your index page and use some decent colors.

I think your site has potential. Explore it.
  • reciprocal_link
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • reciprocal_link
  • Loc: Bemidji, Minnesota

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had a hard time reading the home page where the pics are in green http://rock.profusehost.net/theme/defau ... ome_06.gif
I would change this. The pictures at the top I would make the text bold. Make it easier to read.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

For a start, you never address what the site is about. Your homepage is disturbingly vague and seemingly random. I see stuff about rocking out, some pixel-art of a room, a sign up form, messy graphics, and AdSense ads.

The header looks like you designed it to be an ad, and the graphics on it offer no indication to what the website might be about. The name "Rockout FM" leads me to believe the site has to do with radio, or at least music, but looking at your menu it looks more like just another web-newbie website that has a bunch of free stuff like a forum, free games, etc that they put together and tell their friends about.

Scrolling down to the bottom, I see a bunch of links that usually lead the visitor to believe the site is owned by a corporation. Stuff like a privacy policy, terms of use, and an abuse report button. This isn't consistant with the other parts of the page I described above.

Just on the first page, you really fail to identify with the visitor, identify yourself and explain the website, or entice the visitor to look around. You effectively confuse your visitors and get them to leave your website.

PM me once you think you've got this fixed and I'll follow up. No use reviewing pages people will never see.
  • samp
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • samp

Post 3+ Months Ago

this site seems to be broken in FX and ie7 and loading speed was extremly slow.

also i quite annoying that i can hardly access anything straight off

1/10

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers