• No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Brandon_g
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Lakewood

Post 3+ Months Ago

doesn't any body want too look at my site.
  • locust
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Austin, TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

I took a look at it and it looks sophomoric. Maybe you could start off with a template and then customize it. Are you using Wordpress or any sort of CMS for your site? If not, I'd recommend Wordpress as it comes with some nice free templates and is easily customizable.
  • Brandon_g
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use bluevod anD I have a template A GRey one that And Vodahost has a like 1000's of templates as well So I would like to stay where I'm at thanx anything else you would like to see done other then design wise. :?:
  • Brandon_g
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Attachments:
Our new site1 001.JPG
Attachments:
Our new site1 002.JPG

those are photo's of the new rogcastr site do you ssee any thing we could adjust from new or old site.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Other than design-wise? This site needs nothing BUT design-wise tips. Compare yourself to popular sites that you visit every day. If you aren't open to design ideas, then your site will go nowhere fast. I can guarantee that for you.

You're obviously very new to web design, so I recommend you put in a LOT of hours reviewing best practices and staying hands-on with code. You've got a long way to go, but we all started there. Good luck.
  • Brandon_g
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

UPSGuy wrote:
Other than design-wise? This site needs nothing BUT design-wise tips. Compare yourself to popular sites that you visit every day. If you aren't open to design ideas, then your site will go nowhere fast. I can guarantee that for you.

You're obviously very new to web design, so I recommend you put in a LOT of hours reviewing best practices and staying hands-on with code. You've got a long way to go, but we all started there. Good luck.

For that I'm working on a new design on my other computer with a nice backround It looks great now....thanks. Also I've been a webmaster for 4 months on a paid pro site longer for free sites. :wink:
  • Brandon_g
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I updated the design and added a few other good stuff so take a look for your self is their anything else I could improve....

www.rogcastr.com/Iverson.php
or
www.rogcastr.com/
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would stress the same sentiments, but I don't think you took me seriously the first time. Man, this looks like something you would find buried in Geocities from the early 90's. People are looking at your site, they're just being nice and not replying. Seriously - go compare your site to others you visit every day.

If you're under the age of 15, then this is an ok starter page, but now you should retire that one altogether, go find some recommendations on things NOT to do and start reading up. Try and find information on design best practices. You're breaking most every basic rule we have.

If you're over 15, then please let this be a joke.
  • Brandon_g
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yo you never told me what's the problem with the design so I can gladding fix the problems in my site design....Just don't to rude about I'm trying my best...ok.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

So have you bothered to take me up on the advice I originally posted? If you spent 2 hours searching this forum, you could find several no-no's that you've used. I found 5 in less than 10 minutes. Here's a few things to begin considering:

black text on colored background
poor cross-browser compatibility
using a generator like BlueVoda
multiple resolution support
table layouts
absolute vs. relative links

If you want us to take you seriously, then be serious about getting reviews. If you want honest reviews, then be honest with us. State that you're new, that this is a new site, and that you need beginner recommendations. Drop your goals for now to something more realistic. You should be working at the very basics of HTML, CSS, and design - not trying to "become one of the best sites that offer audio and video for broadcasts". That's a lofty goal for some of the old hands around here and we've been around the block a time or two.

Google is your friend. Try this search, this one, and this one.
  • Brandon_g
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll see what I can do but I like bluevoda I don't see what's wrong bluevoda and I never said I'm not a newbie cuase I even posted that I've been going on for 4 months.
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Brandon,
I like UPS would suggest looking at other sites that you like and seeing how they display and arrange information. And as far as doing this for 4 months, I have been doing web-design for 6 years and I still consider myself a newbie on some fronts. So don't take it as an offense just take it as motivation to learn and improve.

Here is a list of the stock tumblr templates. There are some quality designs, layouts and color schemes used. Here are some more templates designed for blogger.
  • seularts
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

where is the rest of the site?:P take some xhtml and css lessons.. it might help you there mate
  • janeyardy
  • janeyardy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sir your website link is not working at the moment would you please check it out
  • Brandon_g
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

working Now
  • Brandon_g
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's working!!!!!