SITE REVIEW: Rompad

• weshallgo
  • weshallgo
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all please review my new website http://www.rompad.com
Please criticise as much as possible as I haven’t done this before so any ideas for improvements would be greatly appreciated.
especially concerning: Coding, Load times, Features, Fonts etc.

Cheers Wes.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• hatshepsut
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • hatshepsut

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Load time has no problem.

Design is with fonts good.One can find anything he searchs for.With the color combination and features one can easily trust your webpage and decide to post a job .
What I do not undestand is;why it is $80 to post a job while it is a new website.Shouldn't you be aiming to get customers at the first steps of increasing your rank?
And about the paypal site;is there really sandybox.paypal.com or developer.paypal.com?I would run away as soon as I see these links which I would give my credit card information.

By the way,eventhough I did enter no informaiton to the first submit page,there weere no warnings like"don't leave this/that box empty"

What do u say*Professional or unproffessional?
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not bad, not bad. But a few things to improve on this website are:

- When I entered your site, first thing I saw that caught my eye was your logo. The text on the logo (which were actually hyperlinks) confused me as to whether they were links or just a slogan. Might want to do something about that.

- The button "Click here to POST a JOB", I can see the white in the background, but a different shading. You should probably change the button's background to your website's background white.

- List of jobs. Well for one, there don't seem to be any jobs, and two, maybe consider adding contents about what your site is actually about. It took me a while to figure out what your site was really about.

- Logo is a bit bland. Maybe add some effects to the logo text or add more colours. Experiment around ;)

Ok. Now onto the positives! :D

- The design is great and so are the ideas.

- Navigation is wonderful. Very easy to use and noticeable.

- The Images / icons you made (or have placed on there) are good, and suit the website nicely!

Here's a quick summary of my thoughts:
[6/10] | User Friendly
[7/10] | Design
[7/10] | Imaging Skills
[7/10] | Ideas
[8/10] | Navigation

Overall, I'd give this site a 8.2 / 10! Keep up the great work! :thumbsup:
  • weshallgo
  • weshallgo

Post 3+ Months Ago

sandybox.paypal.com is just the test version of paypal it is back to normal now.
is it really necassary to tell people that information isrequired in a certain box when they can preview a post anyway?
there is a plan for a new banner but that is still in the works

thanks for the help so far Wes.
  • weshallgo
  • weshallgo

Post 3+ Months Ago

new banner up today what do you all think? also some actual jobs so you can get a feel for the site
  • snooggie
  • snooggie

Post 3+ Months Ago

In general the site looks good
but it is not clear what the text box just on the left of the countries combo is for is it for cities
  • proglead
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

well...can't say much but can be made more professional looking....considering the business model
  • DTagent
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • DTagent

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the header/banner needs some more work. The text is too plain/possibly add a logo instead. The background of the banner isn't as appealing, it looks unclear.
  • chstout
  • chstout

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the site looks clean and great. Some comments:

- Your FAQ is blank. I'd either fill it out, or take it off in the meantime.

- On your contact form, make the question textarea a little bigger.

- I love the RSS feed. You could make this more useful by allowing people to sign up to a feed by catagory (e.g., I want to subscribe to the electrician jobs, but nothing else).

- There's no validation on the form to submit a job. You'll want to make sure they have something filled out.

Good luck.
  • rishimodi
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

For me site looks good, quite clean.

I think you need to work more on content aspect of it and as said perviously work on Form validation.
  • Dark Uncle
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Dark Uncle

Post 3+ Months Ago

Personally I would change the logo at the top of the site. Maybe have the text at the left of the image and one image for it (not multiple images running together, especially with the straight lines between them). This would help to make the site look more clean.

Also i would prsonally order this a little different on the left navigation. I would group together the Jobs | Resumes | FAQ | Contact Us links and put them at the top or bottom. I would put the "click to post a job / resume" images at the top without any text above it.

Do some CSS editing for the field boxes (specifically for contact us page). Also make the contact us input boxes a set width (varying widths look ugly as hell) <input type="text" style="width: 250px">. also make the left column on the contact us page <td nowrap>.

Personal opinion ofc :)
  • alexdovinat
  • alexdovinat

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site look clear and professional, but the side text a bit too blind.

Good job
  • denisbaldwin
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • denisbaldwin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great start!

- Good use of colors.
- Very easy to follow and easy to understand, even though I Don't speak the native language.
- Very "art house". I'm not sure what your site is for (as I don't read the language), but I can get around enough to make contact with you if I needed to.
- Loads pretty fast, though the flash does take a minute to load into memory in Firefox.

Keep up the good work!

Denis Baldwin
Marketing Manager
http://www.awardsideas.com
http://www.flexidisplay.com
http://www.awarenessideas.com

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers