SITE REVIEW: roseylanekennels.com

• dtyelton
  • dtyelton

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.roseylanekennels.com

I am a very, very new at web building. This is only the second site I have made and have joined this forum to learm all I can.
  • watson lee
  • watson lee

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice, but homepage can be improved more
  • dtyelton
  • dtyelton

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, Working on home page now.
  • itrevino
  • itrevino

Post 3+ Months Ago

@ watson lee - what an amazing contribution.

@dtyelton - Suggestions: Get rid of the left and rid floating half item on the main menu at the top of the page. Turn your email address into a clickable link.

Possible errors: "Best Kept Secret In The Toy Dog World" and "Small Breeder Of Beautiful Papillons" divs don't seem to be aligning properly.

On the contact us page, "...Paypal does not charge fees for personal payments." runs off of the div. The info page has the same problem.

On the Testimonials page at the very bottom there are two images that completely overlap the text above them.
  • dtyelton
  • dtyelton

Post 3+ Months Ago

Super! I think I have most problems fixed. Failed to look for problems on browsers other than IE. Now can work on adding more content.
  • a4asit
  • Kalkin
  • Graduate
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

first of all hi to all!

i think your site is average. the brown color is not an eye-pleasing color. (as a matter of fact it's a psychologically provoking color.. hence a bad effect). the links are in Tahoma font (i guess..) so it's very readable. the pages are overall good and the puppy-pics are really cute.
in a nutshell i can only suggest some improvements like enhancing the features of your site (using Flash animations, for instance) and/or adding more pages and features like sitemaps and links to related websites (they actually make your site more versatile).
also (it's a request) please do not include a user registration and login feature in your site (in case someone suggests) because those who come to buy pups on your site won't need to be in your contact forever.
rest is all fine.

best of luck
bye
  • dtyelton
  • dtyelton

Post 3+ Months Ago

I will be adding more links and informatiom. Also some kind of animation. I have tryed all the colors of the rainbow, can not find the right combo. Thanks for your suggestions.
  • johneva
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • johneva

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have been on alot of sites for kennels and to be honest this is one of the better ones so well done.

What I would say though is its a bit slow loading for some of the pages and feel the photos page need less images on have it with pagination so it loads each page faster.

Or have it so the thumbnail images are actually smaller images, apposed to just being forced smaller by HTML.

Also tables layout for the images is an old way of doing it really and will cause slow load times so altering that would help. For quite a basic site it does load quite slow and would be the biggest reason for me to leave if I was a normal visitor.

CSS could go in external file to speed things up.

I also feel that the menu changing in size when hovering on a link just seems wrong, not sure if you ment to do that but personally dont think its a good idea.

Hope this gives you a few ideas for improvements.
  • dtyelton
  • dtyelton

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks guys, With your suggestions it is getting better. Worked on colors and photos size. Pages are loading faster. Any more ideas?
  • a4asit
  • Kalkin
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi!

i think your site looks much better now with the butterfly background! you have maintained the brown font but it's nice with that pale pink. i do hope that you will make more enhancements on your site.

can you make the papillon-pictures in the footer a little smaller and include more such pictures there? it will give the footer a more lively "gallery" look.

regards.
  • advanceflash
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • advanceflash

Post 3+ Months Ago

For your 2nd site, I think this is looking good. I wonder if the main navigation could look a bit more like the interface? (rounded box, perhaps?)
  • dtyelton
  • dtyelton

Post 3+ Months Ago

I made a few more enhancements on site per suggestions.
  • phanirocks
  • Born
  • Born
  • phanirocks

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice but I donot like the effect where in backgrond remains constant...ofcourse thats my personal feeling :)
  • a4asit
  • Kalkin
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey gr8!! that gallery's nice!

the puppies appear cuter in them

bye
  • 995sunglasses
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site seems to be put together well, a nice simple menu and the brown color theme works well for what your doing. If your going to be using many photos on the site I would ad Gzip compression to your htaccess file so that the page loads quicker. Great looking site for dogs.
  • Longclark
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Longclark

Post 78 days ago

Hi! dtyelton Just now I have seen your website it is really nice and good to see. The one and only negative point I have felt in your website is the images in the photos tab should be in bigger size so that users will get a clear view which will attract them to buy the puppies.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers