SITE REVIEW: saddle down lodge

• Hamish Mather
  • Hamish Mather

Post 3+ Months Ago

//link removed. Not very good review post history.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe if you gave some decent reviews yourself, people would give you decent reviews as well ...

Hamish Mather wrote:
very nice i like it.wish i could have your skills

Hamish Mather wrote:
not very tidy

Hamish Mather wrote:
make up no good,but nice site.

Hmmm ...
  • Hamish Mather
  • Hamish Mather

Post 3+ Months Ago

sorry i, I dont have the skills to review websites.Im new on this
sorry
hamish
  • ciarac
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Spain

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm drawn to your site.
I liked very much the design and colors.

The inconsistency of font size offends me, however.

You also have a different font entirely in the links section which to my eyes is not pleasing.

On the about us page you have no space between the photos and the text which looks very amateurish as is easily fixed by adding vertical and horizontal space rule. I think that's what it's called in html but in css I can't advise you how to do it. I am sure elsewhere on this forum you can find out.

Your English usage is flawed. I would advise you to ask an editor/writer or very well spoken friend to review it. For example, you have many sentences which are not complete. If you want to keep them the way they are then you should use pointers. Otherwise it's just not professional, IMO.

Finally, I say this not to promote my services as a writer, but you definitely need more content. I'm sure you are aiming for that and are still working on the site, but in case you are not, I would advise an information about the area section, history, what to do, etc...

All in all though, I really did like your site.
  • kocisz
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a good start! A little more work and it can be a really nice site.
Several suggestions:
-work on the quality of your images, they seem to be overly compressed
-do something about the main background of the site, the same color everywhere makes the site a little dull
-try to fix up the footer of the site, it has an unfinished look about it
-get rid of the flash in the left column, or at least put it as a single object, because of the windows update that puts a grey border around flash objects (the "click to activate and use this control") it gets a little messy over there, but I'd go with no flash there myself
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh oh, you didn't follow the simple rules, you broke the first one:

Quote:
Please review at least three other sites first and give some constructive criticism regarding their site. Posting replies such as "looks good" or "nice site" will not satisfy the requirement. You must give them something to work with whether its positve feedback or negative feedback.

I am locking this thread until you make 3 useful reviews. If you want people to give you good reviews, you have to in turn give 3 good reviews. By good reviews I mean you must tell them how to improve their site, give them suggestions.

Once you write 3 more decent reviews (you can edit your other reviews, or write 3 new ones) you can PM any online moderator and we will unlock this thread and remove my remarks. If you do not make 3 good reviews within 2 days I will remove this entire post.

Please don't take this personal, we only enforce these rules so it's fair to every user and they all get decent reviews on their sites so in turn you can too.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers