SITE REVIEW: Sal Willders Movie and TV Reviews

• salwillders
  • salwillders

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please review this site. Please be honest and tell us everything that is wrong.
http://www.salwillders.weebly.com
Thanks!!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• webb111
  • Born
  • Born
  • webb111

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello sal,

first impressions of your website are good i like the layout.

I think personally the banner bar stretching across the top may look better if it was just the width of the content, also could probably look alot better with a personalized banner?

The 'New to sal wilders' title could be spaced a little better :)

other than that keep the content going

Thanks
  • flipperman
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • flipperman

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi, to be frankly, i dont like your thought to use a free subdomain and furthermore , the layout is good but you should adjust the pictures to make it looks more good.
  • itrevino
  • itrevino

Post 3+ Months Ago

"Picture The Green Hornet topped the Box Office this weekend bringing in 34,000,000, making it our Movie of the Week." That's not a review - that's just a fact. I don't mean to be rude, but I almost feel like I could say "Sal Wilder's Movie and TV Reviews is a website about movie and TV reviews" and you would accept that as a review.

There's no reason to have two titles right next to each other (first, at the very top you have your text title, and then, directly below that, you have your graphic banner title.) Neither of which are clickable (a standard).

Is there more to the site that you have hidden somewhere? Because there's almost so little content that it's hard to know exactly what you're looking "review"-wise. The design COULD be good, but there's not enough content to flesh it out so there's no way of knowing.

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish with your front page - you have a comment form and a poll just kind of randomly tossed on to the page below another randomly paged object (a movie reel photo) that links to your "review" of the month which is just a single sentence FACT about a movie with no personal insight whatsoever on a web site that looks like you spent 3 minutes in a template designer randomly throwing things together before yelling "done!"

I honestly don't know what you're expecting from us with such an incomplete and thoughtless website.
  • salwillders
  • salwillders

Post 3+ Months Ago

Unfortunately, I decided to stop publishing Sal Willder's Movie and TV Reviews. Please read the paragraph and fill out a survey if you have already been to our site.

http://www.salwillders.weebly.com

Thank You,
Sal Willder

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers