SITE REVIEW: santaisahindu.org

• isthistakenyet?
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Burnley U.K.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, I have recently redesigned my site, it would be greatly appreciated if you could comment on anything that you think is bad (or good) whether it is usability, typography, colors, content etc etc..

santaisahindu.org

Thanks in advance.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• OSGEN
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • OSGEN

Post 3+ Months Ago

One thing that bugs me is the fact that your links are in white. With that aqua background, its pretty hard to read those hyperlinks. Also, i would also set the table to 100% rather than a fixed size as your page is not really optimized for 800x600 or 1024x768.

good luck with your site.
  • isthistakenyet?
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am not too sure what you are reffering to when you say the table needs to be 100%, there aren't any tables using on the site, if you are reffering to the floated div on the right hand side then that is how it is supposed to look.

The site is optimised so to display well on most screen resolutions (including 800x600 and 1024x768).

I understand what you mean by the link color (#FFFFCC) and will look into changing it.

Thanks for the feedback.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

What's with the third grade drawings? What is the site about? Why is the site named santaishindu? What's with the Jesus jokes? No graphics?

I think you need to analyze what you are using this website for and make sure it is clear to visitors as soon as they visit!

It currently seems like a poorly written blog to me.
  • Mas Sehguh
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Contrast is horrible, text is unreadable, and would be even more so had I not had Verdana installed.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

ack! as Truce mentioned, do something about the colour scheme!! White on a light blue background is a no-go, same goes for baby blue text on a pastel yellow background. I'm gonna have to wear my sunglasses as I check out your site ;)

I'm also lost as to the whole point behind the site? Is this some kind of a joke? Be careful you could offend someone with some of the content.

I can't get myself to critique this site, I just can't take this project seriously.
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

613flavah wrote:
ack! as Truce mentioned, do something about the colour scheme!! White on a light blue background is a no-go, same goes for baby blue text on a pastel yellow background. I'm gonna have to wear my sunglasses as I check out your site ;)

I'm also lost as to the whole point behind the site? Is this some kind of a joke? Be careful you could offend someone with some of the content.

I can't get myself to critique this site, I just can't take this project seriously.

...what 613flavah said. I swear that color 'combination' gave me a headache!
  • spazz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • spazz

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm also a newbie to this site and to website design (mine isn't ready yet). I see that when one asks for critique, one gets it here. I think that's great!

Hey isthistakenyet, I'd like to offer a couple of tips. Here's a link to an online color schemer that will help you select more appealing colors.
http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html

I would also suggest that you use tables for your text and set their width to 100% so your page resizes with the browser automatically. You could implement color scheme within the table to further separate page items and add interest.

Change your link colors (easy enough) and submit it again.

Best of luck!
  • isthistakenyet?
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the advice everyone, I'v spent about an hour just basically recoloroing things and making the contrast much better and replaced the title with an image that has my site name on it in a nice font , i think it looks much better, although some may not agree, so as before, all comments and criticism is welcome, take a look ---> http://www.santaisahindu.org

Thanks alot, Jordan.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

The colour combos are soooo much better. At least that was improved. Good work.

Still unsure what the site is about!
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oooh much better with the color choices - thank you! It is a little unclear as some have said as to what the site is about.

I did chuckle at the 'pat on the head' sketch though :lol:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers