SITE REVIEW: Search Engine Optimization Tips

• manumiglani
  • Student
  • Student
  • manumiglani
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

11j wrote:
This site appears to have valuable info that I must take the time to read through very carefully and will. However, as many have already stated above I would definitely seriously consider logo and colors. Besides, without a logo how am I to give you an inbound link? :D Does look like quality content and I'll definitely spend some time with this material. Thank You!

Hello 11j,

Thanks for taking time to review my website. I would surely work on the suggestions given by you in the next update. Thanks again for your review.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• itstopnotch

Post 3+ Months Ago

i agree with manumiglani it has some very handy info. lacks colour though but hey thats not 4 everyone but it could do with a dab or to. going to read some more as its handy to know this as I just started my 1st site http://www.itstopnotch.com keep going and dont give up
  • manumiglani
  • Student
  • Student
  • manumiglani

Post 3+ Months Ago

itstopnotch wrote:
i agree with manumiglani it has some very handy info. lacks colour though but hey thats not 4 everyone but it could do with a dab or to. going to read some more as its handy to know this as I just started my 1st site http://www.itstopnotch.com keep going and dont give up

Hello itstopnotch,

Thanks for your review.
  • AlNe
  • Born
  • Born
  • AlNe

Post 3+ Months Ago

i really like the site. I am have been looking everywhere for website optimization and finally a good site that breaks it down. Good Job!
  • deepdarkness
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

easy web site.may be change web template
  • gsgfx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • gsgfx
  • Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love your sites simplicity in its page organization. Everything is straightforward! You should add some graphics and validate your site (add the buttons, too) so people can rely on the info abit more. If possible add some color (if you plan to keep it with its' simplicity, just try making a colored background with tiling text, it just adds some movement to the site). Additionally, you should promote your site because I don't think there are alot out there that devotes it's purpose to this matter and this matter alone. Keeping these things in mind, I think you'll be a success with this site...keep up the great work!
  • Birmingham
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Birmingham, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

excellent design - so simple, takes you straight to the content and also incorporates the adverts cleverly and simply.

only prob i can suggest is the page loading time / slow hosting ... which cut short my tour of your site so i can't comment further
  • tatrasim
  • tatrasim
  • Loc: US

Post 3+ Months Ago

The colors are nice. Information is useful. Design is simple. This is good, but no pictures, URL is too long. That is not so good. :)) Try making a simple forum there or get articles on the topic. Otherwise I dont think you'll get regular visitors.
  • skyweb
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • skyweb

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've always thought that as website designers we tend to put to much emphasis on the design and not enough on the contents.

IMO this is one of the best sites ive seen, why?

1. It does exactly what it promises, it doesn't flood me with tons of text or try to sell me anything, it gives me links, I click, I read, simple.

2. It loads quickly.

3. Its good for all skill levels, for the newbies they can get into SEO and this site gives them what they need all under one roof, for the advanced they can use this as a checklist to ensure they have covered everything.

4. The Tips are fantastic, having recently learned alot about SEO I was told alot of information (mostly incorrect) and I can honestly say this information and tips are some of the best around.

5. You practice what you preach, you have implemented all these tips within your own website (a respectable PR of 5!) so there would be no doubt in my mind that you are confident these tips work.

The site needs a better navigation and you need to add some visual aspects, if I was you I would still keep it simple but just add some colour and style things up abit.

As for the content on the main page why not write a simple and short introduction to what your websites all about, lets face it noone reads long pages of information, they scroll read so making it short and to the point will only help both you and the reader.

You should change the domain to something shorter, why not SEOtips.be?

Keep up the good work.
  • Birmingham
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Birmingham, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

well as i said before, i don't think it loads quickly. anyway, now that i've taken a closer look, i recommend adding a detailed nav and keeping it there because it's easy to get lost in your site and when i'm not in control of my browsing experience i leave!
  • Fix
  • Fix

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am new to web design and SEO, but I did bookmark your site for further review. That I believe is something a webmaster would want.
You might consider using a little colour to highlight areas of interest, and as in previous posts, maybe a main menu for users convience.

good site, i think

Fix
  • fkuki98
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Jakarta,Indonesia

Post 3+ Months Ago

you have a very informative website. but if u want more peolpe visiting ur website, i think u should add some examples. like how it's look like in real html page. beginners like me are looking for more some details on how ur tips will be done.

good luck and of course keep the free things :)
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan & Mackinac

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks great

But you may want to implement this also into your website. I love the information, and good luck!
  • mandar-seo
  • mandar-seo
  • Loc: Pune, Maharashtra, India

Post 3+ Months Ago

I must congratualtes you. Your site is having the PR 4 for the homepage and PR 3 for most of the deep pages.
The site is simple and quick and very importantly helpful.
The suggestion is that add further pages but with usage of underscore instead of hyphen. Try to name like below
http://yourdomain.com/this_is_example.html
I have got good results using such naming as compared to
http://yourdomain.com/this-is-example.html

Rest is great. Best of Luck.
  • krok55
  • krok55

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's may be a good start, but i think, that if you to get more visitors to your site, you should add more graphics to it because now, you have none.
  • real_estate
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • real_estate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey the site seems really informative.

A menu would really be good so as to make it easy navigation between the webpages.
  • manumiglani
  • Student
  • Student
  • manumiglani

Post 3+ Months Ago

AlNe wrote:
i really like the site. I am have been looking everywhere for website optimization and finally a good site that breaks it down. Good Job!

Hello Aine,

I am glad you liked the site.... Thanks a lot for your review.

deepdarkness wrote:
easy web site.may be change web template

Hello Deepdarkness,

Thanks for your review. I will be working on the new design soon.

gsgfx wrote:
I love your sites simplicity in its page organization. Everything is straightforward! You should add some graphics and validate your site (add the buttons, too) so people can rely on the info abit more. If possible add some color (if you plan to keep it with its' simplicity, just try making a colored background with tiling text, it just adds some movement to the site). Additionally, you should promote your site because I don't think there are alot out there that devotes it's purpose to this matter and this matter alone. Keeping these things in mind, I think you'll be a success with this site...keep up the great work!

Hello gsgfx,

I am glad to find out that you liked my website..... I thought of adding validate links but dropped out at the last minute..... I will have to rethink abt it..... Thanks a lot for your review.....

Birmingham wrote:
excellent design - so simple, takes you straight to the content and also incorporates the adverts cleverly and simply.

only prob i can suggest is the page loading time / slow hosting ... which cut short my tour of your site so i can't comment further

Hello Birmingham,
I am glad you like the site and its contents...... I do not know if there was some server problem at the time you accessed the site or not, It work fine everytime. I will request you to complete your tour. :lol:
  • Sxperm
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Sxperm

Post 3+ Months Ago

Another good seo tips website.

1. Good contents but should be designed for human read more than bots read.
2. Your adsense not blend as it should and its border colour makes me feeling bad, I don't wanna click those ads. even it's good.
The rest is ok. I bookmarked your site for further reference. keep your good work

Regards,
http://www.estateround.com
  • BunnyFace
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • BunnyFace

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very helpful website and does not take too much time to read and learn pretty good SEO. Just follow those rules and website will be pretty good optimized for Google.
  • AandM Hosting
  • AandM Hosting

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the information, it is very helpful, where it lacks in graphics it makes up for in resources. As said you have to use the back button, even just as simple as putting all of the links in your footer would help optimize page browsing significantly
  • 8everything
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

This was mentioned before? For your adsense ads, remove the border and make the background match your site for better blending -> better CTR
  • Mook25

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm sorry to say, that if i came to this site i would probably leave within 5 minutes if not less. The reasons are:

[list=]
[*]Very long url. not very easy to remember as many have said before me - Think about making this shorter
[*]No pictures, not very eye catching - Your customers like to look at something other than text usually to stop them getting bored
[*]The background colour makes the site look dull and gloomy, although this could be because there is so much of it - break this up with pictures and windows possibly
[/list]

All that said, there is some good content here but you will undoubtable lose potential traffic just by the look of your site. With a bit of work this could be a good information site.
  • manumiglani
  • Student
  • Student
  • manumiglani

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sxperm wrote:
Another good seo tips website.

1. Good contents but should be designed for human read more than bots read.
2. Your adsense not blend as it should and its border colour makes me feeling bad, I don't wanna click those ads. even it's good.
The rest is ok. I bookmarked your site for further reference. keep your good work

Thanks sxperm for your review......... I will certainly consider you suggestions for the improvement of the site.

BunnyFace wrote:
Very helpful website and does not take too much time to read and learn pretty good SEO. Just follow those rules and website will be pretty good optimized for Google.

Thanks !

AandM Hosting wrote:
I like the information, it is very helpful, where it lacks in graphics it makes up for in resources. As said you have to use the back button, even just as simple as putting all of the links in your footer would help optimize page browsing significantly

Thanks a lot AandM Hosting for your review...... Will certainly consider adding links to the footer.....

8everything wrote:
This was mentioned before? For your adsense ads, remove the border and make the background match your site for better blending -> better CTR

Hello Severything,
Thanks a lot for your review. I will certainly take your suggestions into account while updating the site.

Mook25 wrote:
I'm sorry to say, that if i came to this site i would probably leave within 5 minutes if not less. The reasons are:

[*]Very long url. not very easy to remember as many have said before me - Think about making this shorter
[*]No pictures, not very eye catching - Your customers like to look at something other than text usually to stop them getting bored
[*]The background colour makes the site look dull and gloomy, although this could be because there is so much of it - break this up with pictures and windows possibly

All that said, there is some good content here but you will undoubtable lose potential traffic just by the look of your site. With a bit of work this could be a good information site.

Hello Mook25,
Thanks a lot for your review! Much appreciated.
  • chrisinbc
  • Student
  • Student
  • chrisinbc
  • Loc: Victoria, BC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like your website. It has something that a lot of websites don't have - good, useful, and original content. Thankyou for this. I am actually going to bookmark your site as I am looking for SEO advice. My two suggestions are a logo for appearance and a menu on each page for easier navigation.
  • maahan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi,

good content web site very useful site for web master
why u are using adsense in a box remove the box put the adsense same color
i am seen all pages i would like u remove the adsense box that is good for your earning
see here
http://www.gameza.info/
  • Netlyte
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Netlyte

Post 3+ Months Ago

For your link building tips popularity page I think the proper term that most SEO's use to describe the link text is: Anchor Text

<a href="mylink.html">This is Anchor Text</a>

I agree one of the earlier post about Adsense optimization.
- Remove the border
- Make the background same as your website's background

A lot of visitors suffer from Ad Blindness and to get around it you're going to have to optimize those ads so they blend into your content.

Great Content.

- Sam
  • Henryct
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Henryct

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very useful information, thanks for that.

I just think it needs a little more color, or pictures.

_________

Tips and information for your next cruise travel.
http://www.cruisetopics.com
  • iletiler
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • iletiler

Post 3+ Months Ago

domain is too long but its very easy to remember later.

i think good domain :D

and also i learnd lots of tips from your web site.

thanks a lot
  • p_jovan
  • p_jovan
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

NewEra wrote:
1- your domain name is extremly long, it's hard for users to remember
2- the pages contain only text, very simple and ease the eyes of the users BUT there is no GRAPHIC DESIGN (logo, navigation, color palette, ...)
3- your data (i didn't read all the pages) are very helpfull, thank you for that

I entirely agree with this guy. I would also add a nice relaxing music in the background.
  • rascalman
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • rascalman

Post 3+ Months Ago

URL is MURDER. Too long.

The site is very informative. Problem is the barebones look could drive away your audience. If I want to learn from your tips, I'm most likely a designer, which means I have a visual mind. A designer would be more apt to explore a site with some design elements.

A serif font in your body copy may give a subconscious feel/look of reference and non-fiction. This helps when stating fact in copy. Gives a more formal feel to the material.

Overall - Informative, yet unpleasing to the eye.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 97 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers