SITE REVIEW: Search Engine Optimization Tips

• electrogal
  • Born
  • Born
  • electrogal
  • Loc: www.electro-vintage.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like the simplicity... though i like see a little more enhancement on the design. good work:)
  • coldgansta
  • coldgansta

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice site,it could use some graphics and not just text,good info tho
  • kwik
  • kwik

Post 3+ Months Ago

it could use some graphics, tables, name is way too long
  • packetsecure
  • packetsecure

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah it can use abit of color and some extra functions to add to the navigation, but i sure do appreciate the tips!
  • free_dragon
  • free_dragon

Post 3+ Months Ago

your domain is too long man i can't go to it myself again ...
but the content is very useful
  • markov
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • markov

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is quiet informative and looks simple. It serves to all...from the beginners...to advanced users.
Instead of having a dull background, it could be better to have a bright one.
Atleast a logo/banner is recommended. The site serves a good purpose, so what's harm in marketing it ? Add some color to the site. It will look beautiful.
  • nONEq
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • nONEq

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's a very long domain. :)

Design is very clear, maybe too clear. With more graphics the site may be better. But the site is doing what it should do, congratulations for this issue.
  • manumiglani
  • Student
  • Student
  • manumiglani
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

chrisinbc wrote:
I really like your website. It has something that a lot of websites don't have - good, useful, and original content. Thankyou for this. I am actually going to bookmark your site as I am looking for SEO advice. My two suggestions are a logo for appearance and a menu on each page for easier navigation.

I am glad you like the site chrisinbc. Thanks for your review. Will surely try to implement suggestions given by you.

maahan wrote:
hi,

good content web site very useful site for web master
why u are using adsense in a box remove the box put the adsense same color
i am seen all pages i would like u remove the adsense box that is good for your earning

Hello Maahan,
Thanks for your review. I will try to make adsense ads blend with the page colours. Thanks a lot!

Netlyte wrote:
For your link building tips popularity page I think the proper term that most SEO's use to describe the link text is: Anchor Text

<a href="mylink.html">This is Anchor Text</a>

I agree one of the earlier post about Adsense optimization.
- Remove the border
- Make the background same as your website's background

A lot of visitors suffer from Ad Blindness and to get around it you're going to have to optimize those ads so they blend into your content.

Great Content.

- Sam

Thanks a lot Sam for your suggestions. I will surely try to implement them on my website in the next update.

Henryct wrote:
Very useful information, thanks for that.

I just think it needs a little more color, or pictures.

Hello Henryct,
Thanks a lot for your review. Will surely consider your suggestion.

iletiler wrote:
domain is too long but its very easy to remember later.

i think good domain :D

and also i learnd lots of tips from your web site.

thanks a lot

Hello iletiler,
I am glad you find the site useful. Thanks for your review.

p_jovan wrote:
NewEra wrote:
1- your domain name is extremly long, it's hard for users to remember
2- the pages contain only text, very simple and ease the eyes of the users BUT there is no GRAPHIC DESIGN (logo, navigation, color palette, ...)
3- your data (i didn't read all the pages) are very helpfull, thank you for that

I entirely agree with this guy. I would also add a nice relaxing music in the background.

Hello NewEra,
Thanks for your review. Will surely consider your suggestions given by you in the next update.

rascalman wrote:
URL is MURDER. Too long.

The site is very informative. Problem is the barebones look could drive away your audience. If I want to learn from your tips, I'm most likely a designer, which means I have a visual mind. A designer would be more apt to explore a site with some design elements.

A serif font in your body copy may give a subconscious feel/look of reference and non-fiction. This helps when stating fact in copy. Gives a more formal feel to the material.

Overall - Informative, yet unpleasing to the eye.

Hello rascalman,
Thanks for your review. Much appreciated!
  • littlephoenix
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

you sure do need some structure, content is pretty good, but if your going to be using adsense, or for any other reason you have the site up, you need direction, hmmmm
start out with a layout, get an idea from another good looking website that you like, and build something that people will remember your website by, not just content, although content rules the world of the wide web ;P
  • terrym79
  • terrym79

Post 3+ Months Ago

Simple can be a good thing however, the black text on gray background is rather drab and might be worth changing. Navigation should be the same on every page...otherwise it becomes necessary to use the 'back' button.

Overall, it is good and the information is pertinent. Just need to give it a little bit of life.
  • ClassTopic
  • Born
  • Born
  • ClassTopic

Post 3+ Months Ago

Throw a banner underneath everything on the first page. You could use some more content there too. Make the site look more well-developed and professional.
  • manumiglani
  • Student
  • Student
  • manumiglani

Post 3+ Months Ago

littlephoenix wrote:
you sure do need some structure, content is pretty good, but if your going to be using adsense, or for any other reason you have the site up, you need direction, hmmmm
start out with a layout, get an idea from another good looking website that you like, and build something that people will remember your website by, not just content, although content rules the world of the wide web ;P

Hello littlephoenix,

Thanks for your suggestions. Must appreciated.

ClassTopic wrote:
Throw a banner underneath everything on the first page. You could use some more content there too. Make the site look more well-developed and professional.

Thanks ClassTopic for your review. Must appreciated.

terrym79 wrote:
Simple can be a good thing however, the black text on gray background is rather drab and might be worth changing. Navigation should be the same on every page...otherwise it becomes necessary to use the 'back' button.

Overall, it is good and the information is pertinent. Just need to give it a little bit of life.

Hello terrym79,
Thanks for your review. I will try to give it life as soon as I get some time.
  • oppiweb
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very informative site. I am kinda having the same content but on a smaler scale...I am not a good writer and that's my problem - you do good on that department..I must say. :)
  • karinca
  • Student
  • Student
  • karinca

Post 3+ Months Ago

link doesnt work for me! i use internet explorer!
  • Mintolf
  • Born
  • Born
  • Mintolf

Post 3+ Months Ago

"This account has been suspended.
Either the domain has been overused, or the reseller ran out of resources."

That's what I got when visiting your website. Anything wrong?
  • marsik
  • Student
  • Student
  • marsik

Post 3+ Months Ago

SEO ?

google isnt friendly to do this optimalization

do You now what I think ?
  • walterkilis
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • walterkilis

Post 3+ Months Ago

uh oh suspended domain!
  • guitarman
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • guitarman

Post 3+ Months Ago

I get this error >> "Your requested host could not be reached. Click on the link below to retry."

look like your server is down or something. Could you check?
  • jstar
  • Born
  • Born
  • jstar

Post 3+ Months Ago

the site wasn't working as of Tuesday, December 26th, 1:36am PST ( GMT -8 ) also, the name is too long, but I can't wait for it to come back up so I can read it. I need to optimize the search engine results for my website, dealslut.com
  • manumiglani
  • Student
  • Student
  • manumiglani

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I had retired this website on 22nd of December.

But it seems its pretty popular and I am getting pm's and emails to bring the content back.

So, for those who want it back, here is the new url - http://searchengineoptimizationtips.50webs.com

Happy SEO!
  • N2Graphics
  • Loc: Oklahoma, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think your site is very useful and I will be sure to bookmark it for future reference. I'm actually working on search engine optimizing my site to get better traffic flow, so this site was very helpful.

Like most others, I would have to say a little color and perhaps a banner wouldn't hurt. I'm a graphics designer, so my worst nightmare is a bland site... then again, I guess that would be a good thing? More business for me. :)

But all aside, great site!
  • oppiweb
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Somehow an SEO site should be plain...otherwise it won't reflect it's teachings as graphics are a bit of a downer when it comes to SEO. Is there a more plain front page than that of Google? And SEO is about what Google likes....having second thoughts about my site now myself!
  • dhweb
  • dhweb
  • Loc: Europe

Post 3+ Months Ago

I find it white !
  • neonitb
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

THanx. Its very informative and i have been looking for it. Maybe i'll be a regular visitor of your site.
Try to make it more attractive. Change the colour and add some logos.
  • ycpc55
  • Born
  • Born
  • ycpc55

Post 3+ Months Ago

cool thanks i can use the info on this site thanks again
  • midnight_focus
  • Born
  • Born
  • midnight_focus

Post 3+ Months Ago

great site
good thing:
1-great info
2- nicely sorted

bad things
1- very long domain
2- no graphic
  • mohamoud15
  • mohamoud15

Post 3+ Months Ago

Name to long and hard to remember and a better host would be good
  • qaz123
  • Born
  • Born
  • qaz123

Post 3+ Months Ago

simple layout great info for newbie webmasters like my self.
  • Sourcio
  • Sourcio

Post 3+ Months Ago

[quote="manumiglani"]Please review my new website : http://searchengineoptimizationtips.50webs.com

constructive criticism, suggestions and general feedback is invited about the design, usability, content, features etc.[/quote]

Thank you for the information. I already bookmarked it and will share with my collegues. If you add more information, would love to get informed.
  • croft15
  • Student
  • Student
  • croft15
  • Loc: Slovakia

Post 3+ Months Ago

yea perfect page but , I wolud make another menu, I like simple pages with good content like this, but this menu is too simple, I would add some color-change (a:hover{background-color:#?}) ,
but it's really perfect page :)
content 10/10
graphic not very good

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 97 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers