SITE REVIEW: Search Engine Optimization Tips

  • manumiglani
  • Student
  • Student
  • manumiglani
  • Posts: 71
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please review my new website : http://searchengineoptimizationtips.50webs.com

constructive criticism, suggestions and general feedback is invited about the design, usability, content, features etc.
  • NewEra
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • NewEra
  • Posts: 40

Post 3+ Months Ago

1- your domain name is extremly long, it's hard for users to remember
2- the pages contain only text, very simple and ease the eyes of the users BUT there is no GRAPHIC DESIGN (logo, navigation, color palette, ...)
3- your data (i didn't read all the pages) are very helpfull, thank you for that
  • manumiglani
  • Student
  • Student
  • manumiglani
  • Posts: 71
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

NewEra wrote:
1- your domain name is extremly long, it's hard for users to remember
2- the pages contain only text, very simple and ease the eyes of the users BUT there is no GRAPHIC DESIGN (logo, navigation, color palette, ...)
3- your data (i didn't read all the pages) are very helpfull, thank you for that


Thanks a lot for your review NewEra.
  • Riks
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • Riks
  • Posts: 12

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi:
The information is useful, but I find some things to comment:

1) The worst thing for me is the navigation, a normal user get lost in seconds.
You make some abuse of back buttons.
My suggestion is to make a permanent menu in all the pages, so users con go every page from everywhere in your site.

2) No design. Of course you can mantain your site simple, but at least a logo or any color would be apreciated.

Regards.
  • KayGreen
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • KayGreen
  • Posts: 50
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here are some comments from one who's very good at getting lost. Yes, the name is long - but it is something people are very likely to type into a search-engine.
It's plain and basic - no bad thing with a site for people just looking for info in a businesslike way.
Two points against - the black and white at first glance looks like an error page - maybe that doesn't matter.
- I actually wandered straight off site into a link, and then ended up back here. Would it be wiser to have links further away from the main navigation, or else have them open separate windows, so we careless wanderers come back automatically?
  • see1ad
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 16
  • Loc: GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

This website is perfect for any webmaster. Keep it simple is the idea. Very easy to find things. An extra image and a bit of color wouldn't hurt. :-)
  • manumiglani
  • Student
  • Student
  • manumiglani
  • Posts: 71
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Riks wrote:
Hi:
The information is useful, but I find some things to comment:

1) The worst thing for me is the navigation, a normal user get lost in seconds.
You make some abuse of back buttons.
My suggestion is to make a permanent menu in all the pages, so users con go every page from everywhere in your site.

2) No design. Of course you can mantain your site simple, but at least a logo or any color would be apreciated.

Regards.


Hi Ricks, Thanks a lot for your review. As suggested by you, I will surely add permanent navigation menu to all the pages.


Will add a logo to, atleast that will also help me in the seo of my site.

KayGreen wrote:
Here are some comments from one who's very good at getting lost. Yes, the name is long - but it is something people are very likely to type into a search-engine.
It's plain and basic - no bad thing with a site for people just looking for info in a businesslike way.
Two points against - the black and white at first glance looks like an error page - maybe that doesn't matter.
- I actually wandered straight off site into a link, and then ended up back here. Would it be wiser to have links further away from the main navigation, or else have them open separate windows, so we careless wanderers come back automatically?


Thanks! Kay Green for your review, will surely try to improve the design of the site and add some colors to it. Thanks! once again.

see1ad wrote:
This website is perfect for any webmaster. Keep it simple is the idea. Very easy to find things. An extra image and a bit of color wouldn't hurt. :-)


Thanks see1ad, I will surely add a logo and some colors to it.
  • mabdr2
  • Student
  • Student
  • mabdr2
  • Posts: 78

Post 3+ Months Ago

site is informative...i like the simplicity

no google pr - you should start linking sites to it...backlinks to start getting some SERP
  • manumiglani
  • Student
  • Student
  • manumiglani
  • Posts: 71
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

mabdr2 wrote:
site is informative...i like the simplicity

no google pr - you should start linking sites to it...backlinks to start getting some SERP


Thanks for your review mabdr2. Well, I just made it after the latest google pr update. So, hope to get some good pr in the next pr update.
  • jamesallen3333
  • Student
  • Student
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 69
  • Loc: bedford UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the way you have gone for the content is king option not only do I like the site but you may just have answered the question I came in for in the first place.
  • dguerrero
  • Born
  • Born
  • dguerrero
  • Posts: 2

Post 3+ Months Ago

I found the information very helpful. I am wondering if you have considered a presentation base or slide show concept. This would add some dynamics and cut down on the reading for the user. Good Luck
  • yenerich
  • Student
  • Student
  • yenerich
  • Posts: 76

Post 3+ Months Ago

Design extremely minimalist. I guess some graphics don't hurts.

Also (IMHO) your site is not much well optimized for Google, at least index page is too short, not much text, etc.

Don't take my as rude, but are you offering tips you pick from the web or tips that you test sucesfully yourself?

My suggestion (about optimizing your own site) is:

Add MUCH (but much) more content, not only on each page, but related information and related pages.
  • Chaze
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 111
  • Loc: WebHost.pro

Post 3+ Months Ago

manumiglani wrote:
Please review my new website : http://www.searchengineoptimizationtips.be

constructive criticism, suggestions and general feedback is invited about the design, usability, content, features etc.


Sorry but I think you missed the boat here. I would create a navigation system first like a menu with a home link and tutorials link ect..

From there add a couple images or graphics to liven it up, you don't want your visitor falling asleep. lol

great information BTW good luck!
  • RallyDSM
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • RallyDSM
  • Posts: 18
  • Loc: PNW

Post 3+ Months Ago

I actually kinda like the simple, text driven nature of the site. It's about the information, not the "thrills".

Honestly, I think that is a problem with domains and information any more... it get's so mired down in fluff that the real content can't be found or understood. I've been working really hard to keep my sites simple and clear (I call it Airy) in order to avoid the cluttered and difficult to locate information complex.

I found the information on this site VERY helpful and insightful. I also see that it is a .be site so this individual has make wise choices in building a very helpful site and driving traffic to a domain that didn't cost him anything to reg. VERY nice :)

So, I'm relatively happy with it. In some cases, the fluff isn't needed because the content is so much more valuable. THIS is one of those cases.

RD
  • manumiglani
  • Student
  • Student
  • manumiglani
  • Posts: 71
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks a lot everyone for reviewing my website and giving your valuable suggestions to improve it. I am glad that you guys find it useful.

yenerich wrote:
Design extremely minimalist. I guess some graphics don't hurts.

Also (IMHO) your site is not much well optimized for Google, at least index page is too short, not much text, etc.

Don't take my as rude, but are you offering tips you pick from the web or tips that you test sucesfully yourself?

My suggestion (about optimizing your own site) is:

Add MUCH (but much) more content, not only on each page, but related information and related pages.


I was also thinking of more content on the index page. will do that.

well most of these tips are successfully tested. Thanks for your honest review.

dwhswebhosting wrote:
Sorry but I think you missed the boat here. I would create a navigation system first like a menu with a home link and tutorials link ect..

From there add a couple images or graphics to liven it up, you don't want your


I will surely change the navigation system and add some graphics to it as soon as i get some time. Thanks for your review.


Thanks RD, I am really happy to hear your feedback.
  • QuietStorm
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 18

Post 3+ Months Ago

on the issue of content... let me pull the brakes.

Just increasing the content will do more harm than good. as a user, if i find a page with loads of text, i browse through it in 10 or less seconds. instead of just adding to the content, try restructuring the content you already have. if possible, multiply individual pages, sepparating then into topics.
  • manumiglani
  • Student
  • Student
  • manumiglani
  • Posts: 71
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

QuietStorm wrote:
on the issue of content... let me pull the brakes.

Just increasing the content will do more harm than good. as a user, if i find a page with loads of text, i browse through it in 10 or less seconds. instead of just adding to the content, try restructuring the content you already have. if possible, multiply individual pages, sepparating then into topics.


Hello QuietStorm, Thanks for your review.

well i think the content is well arranged. As a user, i really like good content if its well arranged. will take a closer look.
  • QuietStorm
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 18

Post 3+ Months Ago

keep in mind that i didnt meant to say your content should be better arranged. i just wanted to give you a head's up for that instead of just adding miles of text.
  • manumiglani
  • Student
  • Student
  • manumiglani
  • Posts: 71
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

QuietStorm wrote:
keep in mind that i didnt meant to say your content should be better arranged. i just wanted to give you a head's up for that instead of just adding miles of text.


I really appreciate your suggestions QuiteStorm and will try to include the same in my website. I really understand the importance of good content that users can browse and understand easily and quickly.
  • Thunderstix
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • Thunderstix
  • Posts: 5
  • Loc: Atlanta

Post 3+ Months Ago

A very appealing site and informated, however not much content unless you are a beginner and just building your first site. Maybe adding news feeds or more in depth information about what you do and where you do it. Also having multiple links to your site, like an affiliate program would help gain traffic down the road.
  • manumiglani
  • Student
  • Student
  • manumiglani
  • Posts: 71
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thunderstix wrote:
A very appealing site and informated, however not much content unless you are a beginner and just building your first site. Maybe adding news feeds or more in depth information about what you do and where you do it. Also having multiple links to your site, like an affiliate program would help gain traffic down the road.



Hello Thunderstix, Thanks for your review.

well i myself do not want more content or in depth information because that I wanted to keep it simple for new webmasters who do not have any experience in seo before. Well, According to me adding more content and some seo tools will decrease the simplicity of the site and make it more complex for webmasters. what do you think, should i provide articles, seo news and seo tools like mata tag generator, meta tag analayser, robots.txt generator etc. ? I want some opinions on this.

Will add a about me page in that.

Thanks again for your review.
  • WHT.co.za
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • WHT.co.za
  • Posts: 17
  • Loc: SA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wheres the graphics?
We did a survey on my site about text or graphics and most said if a site has bad graphics they will leave. Your site has no graphics what do you think they will do at your site?
  • fraende
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • fraende
  • Posts: 16

Post 3+ Months Ago

It deffiently need some design.. If not graphic, then some CSS or something.. There aren't far enough contrast, and the page seems quait old and boring the way it looks now..

But the content are very good :) .. So if I where you, I would do a little more to make it look smooth on the eye :)..
  • Oliver
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • Oliver
  • Posts: 7

Post 3+ Months Ago

1.Domain is extremely long
2. All text no graphics
3. Pretty boring website

I didn't wain read all of it mabye add some logos :roll:
  • manumiglani
  • Student
  • Student
  • manumiglani
  • Posts: 71
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

WHT.co.za wrote:
Wheres the graphics?
We did a survey on my site about text or graphics and most said if a site has bad graphics they will leave. Your site has no graphics what do you think they will do at your site?



Thanks for your review. Will surely add some graphics in at as soon as I get some time. I am really busy these days.

fraende wrote:
It deffiently need some design.. If not graphic, then some CSS or something.. There aren't far enough contrast, and the page seems quait old and boring the way it looks now..

But the content are very good :) .. So if I where you, I would do a little more to make it look smooth on the eye :)..


Thanks for your review. Will surely take your suggestions into consideration while updating the website. Thanks again.

Oliver wrote:
1.Domain is extremely long
2. All text no graphics
3. Pretty boring website

I didn't wain read all of it mabye add some logos :roll:


Thanks for your review. Will add a logo.
  • extremecash121276
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 30
  • Loc: Agawam Massachusetts

Post 3+ Months Ago

manumiglani wrote:
Please review my new website : http://www.searchengineoptimizationtips.be

constructive criticism, suggestions and general feedback is invited about the design, usability, content, features etc.



I think the site is great and very useful!
I feel that what is lacking in design is made up for in sheer knowledge of SEO.
I have applied a few of your tips and we'll see what the outcome will be....If you had an animated menu for your navigation it would spice things up a bit!
Having said this I think an overall A+++ is in order!
  • manumiglani
  • Student
  • Student
  • manumiglani
  • Posts: 71
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

extremecash121276 wrote:
manumiglani wrote:
Please review my new website : http://www.searchengineoptimizationtips.be

constructive criticism, suggestions and general feedback is invited about the design, usability, content, features etc.



I think the site is great and very useful!
I feel that what is lacking in design is made up for in sheer knowledge of SEO.
I have applied a few of your tips and we'll see what the outcome will be....If you had an animated menu for your navigation it would spice things up a bit!
Having said this I think an overall A+++ is in order!



Hello Paul,

Thanks for your review. I am glad you liked the site. Please do post the outcome of the tips applied in a month or so. I will surely add a better navigation menu to the site soon. Thanks for your review once again.
  • CyberChris
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • CyberChris
  • Posts: 9
  • Loc: Vancouver Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

First of all i really want to thank you. I love the content of your site - very helpul.
I think this site is easy to surf, nicely structured and provides excellent information.
Actually I really like it ! A little bit of a design edge added and I would call it awesome.

You are definitely on the right track.

Cheers
Chris
  • manumiglani
  • Student
  • Student
  • manumiglani
  • Posts: 71
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

CyberChris wrote:
First of all i really want to thank you. I love the content of your site - very helpul.
I think this site is easy to surf, nicely structured and provides excellent information.
Actually I really like it ! A little bit of a design edge added and I would call it awesome.

You are definitely on the right track.

Cheers
Chris


Hello Chris,

I am glad that you liked the content on my site. I will surely add some design to it as soon as i get some time.

Thanks for your review Chris.
  • 11j
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 9
  • Loc: Las Vegas, NV

Post 3+ Months Ago

This site appears to have valuable info that I must take the time to read through very carefully and will. However, as many have already stated above I would definitely seriously consider logo and colors. Besides, without a logo how am I to give you an inbound link? :D Does look like quality content and I'll definitely spend some time with this material. Thank You!

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 97 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
 
cron
 

© 1998-2014. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.