SITE REVIEW: Search File Hosts - Files Search Engine

• lucky
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

URL: http://www.searchfilehosts.com/
Description: Use our premier files search engine to search free file hosting, sharing, storage, and upload sites for direct download links. SearchFileHosts is your ultimate e-book library, games store, music compilation, photo album, software collection, and video archive. Our service is entirely free to use, and no form of registration is required whatsoever. So start downloading for free right now!
  • Snerdey
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is this a request for a review or do I smell spam?
  • lucky
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello snerdey, i am after a review please hence the post in the reviews section. thank you
  • Snerdey
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, sorry. I just noticed it was not reviewed and when I read the post it was not really asking for what type of review. From what perspective are you looking for feedback on?

I'm happy to review it but not A - Z ;)
  • lucky
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

my bad, here are some pointers - the layout, and search results relevance. hope that helps!
  • Snerdey
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok :)

The layout is unique but I don't care too much for using text at the top as the logo. The slogan is also lost as the font is too hard to read. So, I'd consider making a logo unique to your site. Changing the font of the slogan to something a little easier to read. Slogans should not be the same fonts as company / site name.

I'd change the results red link to blue.

"Advertise for free" link is tinyurl linked to a non related roommate service website? What's up with that?

The advertise here images on the results have colors that are clashing with the site. Standing out too much ;)

Overall I'm really not sure the colors are working together. I'd try using a color wheel to see what all goes together and keep the site based on those colors http://www.worqx.com/color/color_wheel.htm

If someone such as me who never visited or any clue what's going on I think there's an about us page needed, or about site, faq. Also, is it possible to link to the directory itself? .. oh wait, I see now one has to scroll down to the bottom to see main links of site. I'd copy a set to the top area. Nothing wrong with making them visible.

Is this statement true? "SearchFileHosts attracts thousands of unique visitors everyday from over 60 countries." Cause your link to alexa does not show much.

I'd also include some keywords in your website title.
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with Snerdy on all of those points, and I'd like to add something about the colours. Blue and orange tend to go well together but those two shades - the dark orange and the light blue - not so much. I'd change the orange to what you've got in the middle there, and change the blue background of the footer to match your header.

I don't like the footer being so big with so little text, either. Perhaps a bit smaller?
  • itnewcomer
  • Born
  • Born
  • itnewcomer

Post 3+ Months Ago

Overall its good in color and design ... load time is fast

no need to review ...
  • lucky
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

site updated - some colors have been changed - adsense added
  • findme
  • Student
  • Student
  • findme

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am confused with your post! But i think you want us to review your site. Your site looks really great and nice. But needed to work on logo
  • lucky
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeh i know the logo sucks, lol, will work on it!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers