SITE REVIEW: SeeYourHotel.com

• jfno67
  • jfno67

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

We've made a simple Google maps mash up with hotels information. I would really like to know what you think of the navigation. We are really betting on the map as the center of the interface.

www.seeyourhotel.com

Many others are similar, but we think the usability of this one is better. We plan to add a search box to jump directly to a location. We will also link ads about specific city directly to the view of that city.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• dyefade
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Could you provide an example of it in effect - I can't find any hotels?
  • jfno67
  • jfno67

Post 3+ Months Ago

You just have to zoom in on a location, when there is less than 200 hotels, you'll see the markers. I'm thinking about putting a cluster icon when there is more than 200 hotels, but I'm not yet sure how to do it.
  • dyefade
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ah I see, cool use of Google maps. I think if there is no image available, there should not be an image tag - otherwise there is a missing image icon. Otherwise you could add in a default icon?
  • jfno67
  • jfno67

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, I'll add a picture saying no picture is available.
  • fortuneaff
  • Born
  • Born
  • fortuneaff
  • Loc: http://www.ukhotelz.co.uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

dyefade wrote:
Ah I see, cool use of Google maps. I think if there is no image available, there should not be an image tag - otherwise there is a missing image icon. Otherwise you could add in a default icon?

When we built our website we choose to just deep linked to the appropriate google maps page in Google. Why reinvent the wheel when the solution exists for your customers we figured.

You can find examples of what we did here. //mod edit: please don't spam in other ppl's threads

Cheers

Fortuneaff
  • d_attitude
  • d_attitude

Post 3+ Months Ago

cool ........... it gives a lot of info ... it is great, only that it needs a little more of zoom in, as where there are hotels in one area, n overlapping icons, its a problem to see all those hotels, so what can be done is, in an area where there are too many hotel infos, u can put in a list of hotels in that area, it will help in a way as it would be easier to get info of all the hotels, n the overlapping icons then wouldnt trouble much.

the idea is cooooooool
  • dyefade
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

fortuneaff wrote:
dyefade wrote:

When we built our website we choose to just deep linked to the appropriate google maps page in Google. Why reinvent the wheel when the solution exists for your customers we figured.

You can find examples of what we did here. //mod edit: please don't spam in other ppl's threads

Cheers

Fortuneaff

From what I recall, this thread being six weeks old, your reply has nothing to do with my post. Great work.
  • jfno67
  • jfno67

Post 3+ Months Ago

fortuneaff, we kind of reinvented the wheel on this one because we are building a base for other website and chose to use the hotels as an easy proof of concept. Also we are trying to make everything we do map centric.

We haven't been able to add much to the site, since we work full time on other contract, but we will try to make it a more mature site for February.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers